Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bangin' system!!!

SupraSpeed

Reaction score
Hey guys this is probably one of my first threads and i havnt seem to actually purchased an x-runner yet because well, parents pay the insurance and im still tryin work them =] ANYWAY im driving a 97 Camry right now and i have a pretty bomb system in it. Alpine somethingsomething Head unit with I-Pod Connect and my baby JL W6 10inch with the JL 500/1 Amp. Believe me thats all you need if you need bass!!! Me and a friend installed everything our selves so we saved like 200 bucks that Best Buy tried to rip me off by having them install it LOL. It really is loud and the bass is OMGLOUD. Ive seen other peoples cars with like 2 12 inch subs and way more speakers than my car but their set up was always not loud at all and if they did turn it up, the bass and speakers would be distorted. (Im actually a sound engineer =]). My sub is sitting in a 1inch thick ported box thats HUGE which takes up the majority of my trunk heh. I was lookin at the x-runners back seats the other day and i noticed that there probably wasnt enough room to put my sub and amp and the box...so when i get my truck in a month or two...i might have to sell my system. sub, amp, head unit, sub box, ipod cable, and all other necessary wiring, i would let it go for 700 bucks. i'll even install if for you lol if you drive down to so cal or are in the area

but we'll see if im gonna sell it or not =]

in the mean time. BASS COMPETITION. I'll put anyones system to the test with mine!

07SWB

Reaction score
there are a couple guys in so cal who has some bass in their X. I know 1 has a Kicker L7 12" and another who has a JL W7 12". Im pretty sure that their sub will hit harder than you 10" W6. Not saying the w6 isnt a good sub, just saying its definately not the loudest out there.

welcome to the underground BTW, fill out your profile so everyone can see where youre located and all that good stuff.

BigBuff87

Reaction score
i have 4 memphis mclass 10" subs in my X and it slams people always get out from it being too loud but heres a pic of the front that ive been having for now i dont have any of the vynel panels on the box when i went home last time im trying to get them redone in black vynel to hopefully match the future interior color haha
1265479438_l.jpg

XR-Franciscoo

Reaction score
i have 4 memphis mclass 10" subs in my X and it slams people always get out from it being too loud but heres a pic of the front that ive been having for now i dont have any of the vynel panels on the box when i went home last time im trying to get them redone in black vynel to hopefully match the future interior color haha
1265479438_l.jpg

Dang! That is a mean looking set up.

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
im pretty sure my 15 with only 1000 watts will drown out your little 10

and are you kidding? not being able to fit a small 10 in an x-runner?...lol

get a grip dog...you can put your 10 in a 7 cube box and still fit it in the X

so competition huh? what kind of numbers are you bangin? is it on a term lab sensor?

sealed up with sensor by the dash?

Xrunnah07

Reaction score
ill challenge your litlle weary 10 against my 15 inch mtx sledgehammer actually ill challenge u wit my 12 inch w6 i got

Natas

Reaction score
This thread made me laugh!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Man......that is pretty FUNNY stuff!!:laugh:

blastap

Reaction score
mtx sledgehammer is that the ,you know the biiiiigggggg one?

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
seriously? anyway, Welcome to the Underground! Not to be an A$$ or anything, but personally, I like to do alot of research before I make a challenge like that. Just because we have trucks, doesn't mean our systems dont rock. Alot of people on here have some pretty bangin tunes and awesome setups.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
LMAO :rofl: ... Needless to say, that's an "interesting" way to introduce yourself. I could just imagine the responses if this was ANY other forum on the internet. I think the most applicable reply so far is "get a grip". :smile:

Anyway, welcome to XR-U... and hurry up and get that X-Runner :biggrin:

Last edited:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My sub is sitting in a 1inch thick ported box thats HUGE which takes up the majority of my trunk heh.

First, welcome to XR-Underground! If you have taken a look around you realize that we promote a non-flaming/non-bashing forum here at XRU. Unfortunately, I think your post got some of our sound-rebels feathers a little ruffled. :biggrin: Don't take it personally. I too have a hard time believing that a single 10" sub would outperform two high end 12s as long as the 12s were pushing enough power and were the correct enclosure.

Also I'm curious about your quote above... why is the box so large for just a single 10" sub? And wouldn't a large box for a small sub such as that actually hurt the performance rather than help it? :dontknow:

wshsbears

Reaction score
wow... i don't know what to say.. ur pretty lucky u introduced urself on THIS forum b/c any other might have invited u for a blanket party..

its a nice set-up, but there are definitely better ones out there. u don't need to sell ur 'system' when u get the truck, there are plenty of options out there and if u take a look around the forum esp. in audio and the picture gallery, there are plenty of systems in these trucks that are pretty amazing.

i hope u've done door speakers too b/c otherwise they'll be distorted if u can even hear them over the bass.

oh, welcome to xr-u..

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
seriously? anyway, Welcome to the Underground! Not to be an A$$ or anything, but personally, I like to do alot of research before I make a challenge like that. Just because we have trucks, doesn't mean our systems dont rock. Alot of people on here have some pretty bangin tunes and awesome setups.

As for trucks most systems will be louder in a truck then a car. B/c the truck has less space, the pressure and sound will be alot harder. You are looking at sound/pressure thats 2 feet behind you compared to space that is like almost 5 feet behind you. And with the car you have the trunk separation the truck well...you can turn around and touch you subs. No as for a challenge...I have 2 12's audiopipe subs on a 500 watt audiopipe amp and I'm hitting 151 dB legally on the top of the dash. So.....

This thread made me laugh!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
:dito:

but all and all welcome.

07X-R

Reaction score
Now as for a challenge...I have 2 12's audiopipe subs on a 500 watt audiopipe amp and I'm hitting 151 dB legally on the top of the dash.

Those are some pretty good numbers ive been in an suv hittin in the 140's and that was freakin loud. I had two 12" infinity kappa perfect subs in my neon i used to have and they used to hit pretty hard. Not near 150 or 140 though but they were loud enough for me. Plus i never really blasted them that much, I could set off some car alarms though :biggrin:

skilledbum23

Reaction score

i definetly agree thats like saying your x looks the best, i know i got a single 10 and it slams , and i know theres more people on here with 4 12's in the back its all in the preference and set ups, and yes a system in a car will sound alot different when you put it into a truck or another vehicle for that matter, basicly you have to tune the system for the vehicle that its in

07X-R

Reaction score
I do remember reading in an audio mag that someone had two lightning audio 12" in a truck and was hittin like 140 or something. :dito: so just like above you just have to tune it to your ride

blackx07

Reaction score
As for trucks most systems will be louder in a truck then a car. B/c the truck has less space, the pressure and sound will be alot harder. You are looking at sound/pressure thats 2 feet behind you compared to space that is like almost 5 feet behind you. And with the car you have the trunk separation the truck well...you can turn around and touch you subs. No as for a challenge...I have 2 12's audiopipe subs on a 500 watt audiopipe amp and I'm hitting 151 dB legally on the top of the dash. So.....

:dito:

but all and all welcome.

yup he sure does.
and they are loud. ive heard them in person when he came to my house to help me with my set up.
i have 2 infinity kappa 10's and 2 kicker cvx 10's that slams in my truck and pretty sure its louder then you JL but its all good.
welcome to XRU:rock:

SupraSpeed

Reaction score
yeah i guess that wasnt a great way to introduce my self lol. sorry for bein a douch! You guys are totally right though. i was just thinking that the system wouldnt fit without taking up the entire back row seats that i didnt really wanna give up.

as for the the argument about a system being in a truck or car. The low end of a bass frequency will just cut right through anything thats not 8feet thick like its not even there. The frequency waves that are produced out of the subwoofer (usually 32Hz to 120Hz) are much longer waves then any frequency that would come out of a normal speaker (250Hz-20k). So in order to hear the full effect of the bass it would have to be about 5 feet away from you anyways. If it were directly behind you, the waveform wouldnt be complete and you just wont hear the full wave.

Lets say that the bass in Flo Ridas's new "hit" song you know applebottom jeans and boots with the fuuur =] that the bass is putting out a 64Hz wave. Lambda, or the length of a wave, is velocity/frequency. the velocity is the speed of sound which is 1130 feet per second.

so if you do 1130 divided by 64 that equals 17.65. So in theory, you would have to be 17.65 feet away from the subwoofer to actually hear the entire sound.

to answer that question, it is better to have the subwoofer farther from where you are then closer.

I go to MI and im a Sound Enginner so i do actually know what im talking about in that area.

=]

again, im not tryin to be a douche lol

but yeah you're guys' systems would probably bang harder than mine, its just atha my sub is farther so i hear it really clear and well, loud enough.

and for my speakers, well they suck, they're stock lol. as a matter of fact they arent to happy about passing along low frequencies like bass in hip hop songs. but on the head unit i have it has a high pass filter which eliminates the low frequencies coming out of the speakers. so even though my speakers suck ballsssssss. they're still clearr because theres no lows coming out of them =]

Top Bottom