Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed compartments

dramad1

Reaction score
So for the past few months or so, my bed compartment doors have been flying off and floating around my bed while driving. I have tried to bend the Lil metal tongue a Lil to give more pressure when closed but it only last so long and the covers keep flying off.
I like my covers and don't want to lose them. I've thought of putting Lil leashes on them to prevent them from flying out but am unsure what I want to do. I Thought about putting a lock on them but really don't need a lock cause all I have in them is red flags and tie downs.
Anyone have any solutions to this issue or experience this problem? What can I do to fix it?

justin13703

Reaction score
Are they coming off because they're not latching securely or because the little lever rotates itself to the unlocked position during driving?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure the latch is tight? Maybe it has just vibrated loose and needs some tightening

dramad1

Reaction score
Are they coming off because they're not latching securely or because the little lever rotates itself to the unlocked position during driving?

Yeah, the lever rotates itself to the unlock position while driving. The Lil screw inside the latch is tight so I tried to pull the Lil latch tongue out a bit hoping it would put more pressure on the lock and keep it from rotating, nope still flys off daily.

gunner76137

Reaction score
Yeah, the lever rotates itself to the unlock position while driving. The Lil screw inside the latch is tight so I tried to pull the Lil latch tongue out a bit hoping it would put more pressure on the lock and keep it from rotating, nope still flys off daily.
A little drastic but buy a tonneau cover

dramad1

Reaction score
I'd love to. The list continues to grow. Deep pockets for sure. Lol

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
A little drastic but buy a tonneau cover

So then the compartments fall off and just smash around in the box? Lets just hide the issue and not fix it. Lol. Mine fall out from time to time. Mostly when I bottom out hard or am on a really rough road.

GR6RR

Reaction score
take the screw off, put a washer in between and retighten.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Did it work? :dontknow:
Mine are fine, but good info is priceless! :top:

dramad1

Reaction score
Honestly haven't tried it yet. Just got off work and may give it a shot after a shower.
My compartment doors have come off almost everyday this week. I have some Velcro and small earth magnets that I may try to incorporate.

Edit: update

So I put some Teflon tape on the screws and a small thin composite type washer on there.
It feels like it stiffened up the turn lock. True test will come after a few days of driving to work. Ill let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
Mine used to do that as well. I wrapped that latch with black elec tape and now it is supper tight. Never fell off again. 7 years later

Top Bottom