Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed Creasing

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Never really noticed untill Duan (VabchXrunner) said he had his repaired,right above the fuel door top left corner, hard to see at first and in my Pictures but it is gradually creasing I guess from the bed flexing:dontknow: These pictures are only for reference you can't really see due to poor quality of Pic

Attachments

• HPIM0282.jpg
    HPIM0282.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 107
  • HPIM0283.jpg
    HPIM0283.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 109

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Mine has had a spot over both wheel wells since I bought it new back in 05! Haven't noticed them getting anyworse or anything!

rich017

Reaction score
Mine has had it since 1 yr after having the truck.

I have the crease above the fuel door and 1 or 2 dents on both bedsides from the bed flexing and pulling.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
bottoming out is a big cause. if youve ever had the door pop open on you randomly is because of the bed flexing.

Murderface

Reaction score
I was wondering where that crease came from, been there since I bought it. And that damn gas door popping open from Jerseys shitty roads:thumpdown:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing on mine but i dont think it gets any bigger

Grumpy

Reaction score
The frame flexes, making the fuel filler neck move thus putting pressure on the thin sheet metal. Hard bottoming out will gradually make it worse and worse.

I have noticed the same thing on mine but i dont think it gets any bigger

Don't let the ladies hear that :rofl::rofl:

FireB

Reaction score
I was wondering where that crease came from, been there since I bought it. And that damn gas door popping open from Jerseys shitty roads:thumpdown:

Oh man, I though that was just a gas attendant not doing his job!
Must be the potholes and what not we have in the tri-states. :argh:

teamben158

Reaction score
I have the same crease in mine. It's not too bad and the only time you can notice it is when you're looking at an angle with the sun shining on it.

I've gotten in the habit of closing my gas door every time I get out of the truck. It's second nature to me now. Damn Chicago construction.

Grumpy

Reaction score
To help prevent the gas door from popping out after hitting a bump, use a plier and squeeze the two fingers on the gas door together. This put more tension when close, thus helping it stay shut.

Vashx51

Reaction score
i have hit some bad bumps before and never had my gas door just open up i also don't think i have a crease any where. . . .but i still have stock suspension don't think i want to lower anything i did that to one truck 3 inches off the ground never again what a crap ride that was. . . although the handling was better. . i'm just guessing that you guys have changed the suspension unless my truck is some how diff from every one else???

teamben158

Reaction score
To help prevent the gas door from popping out after hitting a bump, use a plier and squeeze the two fingers on the gas door together. This put more tension when close, thus helping it stay shut.

I've been meaning to do that since I bought the truck, but still haven't done it. One of these days...

i have hit some bad bumps before and never had my gas door just open up i also don't think i have a crease any where. . . .but i still have stock suspension don't think i want to lower anything i did that to one truck 3 inches off the ground never again what a crap ride that was. . . although the handling was better. . i'm just guessing that you guys have changed the suspension unless my truck is some how diff from every one else???

I can't see the crease looking straight at the fuel door area, I have to look off angle when the sun is shining on it when the truck is clean. You can just see a line in the otherwise sparkly BSP paint.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
The frame flexes, making the fuel filler neck move thus putting pressure on the thin sheet metal. Hard bottoming out will gradually make it worse and worse.

Don't let the ladies hear that :rofl::rofl:

Lol u got me there bro

dailycruzr

Reaction score
That same exact dent in the same exact spot by the fuel door was there when i bought my truck. its hasn't gotten bigger but i lowered the salesmans asking price by 1500 bucks thanks to it.

Slay0r

Reaction score
better quality pix for reference

head (1st pic) you wont notice anything, but if you look at an angle (2nd pic) you will see high spots on the gas door's corners from the top of the bed

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Last edited:

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Better picture Thanks, I have also notice the roads here are so bad it has knocked my fuel cap off a few times, Thought somebody was stealing my gas but the truck is always in the garage. I have recently added the QA-1's so not sure if those help me or hurt.

Slay0r

Reaction score
QA1's=sitffer suspension. that Wouldnt help our case

i have the QA'1s as well

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Must be a BSP thing...Ive bottomed out plenty no crease RR FTW

TRD-X

Reaction score
I had this on the 08 and I'm like wtf with the fuel door!:hmmmm2:

With that said I will put the DJM frame notch on before the lowering kit goes on.

Top Bottom