Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed Lights II

Coupe

Reaction score
I broke one of my Bed Light/Cubby covers a while back.

I made a slightly different design.

This version has a textured abs surround with a white opage insert with the X-Runner logo laser etched and painted RR. The back side has a pocket with a oem style twist light bulb soccket. I used a multi led light bulb. The back side of the light has a raised panel. This panel centers the assembly in the cubby hole, while I drill holes into the bed.

I drilled some holes in the bed, using the light as a guide.

I used aluminum pop rivets with an internal thread.

This takes a special rivet & rivet gun.

I had recently installed a partial Bed Rug and added extra D rings in the bed.

This would have been better placed in the exterior mods.

I will let one of the moderators do their magic and move this.

Sorry guys.

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
I do not know if I am going to make these for resale.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
thats freaking awesome!
thats one of the cleanest beds ive ever seen haha,

fonzi

Reaction score
great idea!! from where are you getting + current?

Coupe

Reaction score
great idea!! from where are you getting + current?

I ran a dedicated line. I did this quite a while ago, when the truck was new. I ran a power line from the battery to the truck bed. I will post some pics tonight.

fonzi

Reaction score
thanks! pics will be definitely appreciated. but if you don't get to it, can you tell please if you ran the wire through the fire wall into the cab and out, or did you run under the truck?

Coupe

Reaction score
These pics are pretty old. I did this when the truck was pretty new.

I ran a lead off the + side of the battery down the top of the frame. This pic shows the inner fender flap off on the drivers side.

Then I ran the wires (in the black convoluted loom) in the lower ground effects to the bed of the truck.

This pic shows one of the locking compartments off the truck bed and the wires being routed over the fenders.

I used a lot of the little tabs to hold the harness in place. These are about 1" square and have an adhesive backing. The have an eye on the front side. You can get them at a Lowes or Builder's square.

There are a couple of switched on the driver's side of the bed ( I used rockers) to control the lights.

fonzi

Reaction score
thanks!! I really appreciate the time you took to post the pictures. it will help me a lot when I get around this mod. :adore:

Top Bottom