Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best tire besides KDWs

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
I have the BFG KDW2s on now and love them but I'm planning on going staggered next spring. If I go with 255/35/20s up front I'll need 295/30/20s in the rear to match and the KDW2s don't come in 295s. So I guess I'll have to go with another brand tire. I know the Toyo Proxes come in 295, is there anything out there better than the Toyos? I could get the KDW2 in 285s but I'm looking to get somthing with a bit more cusion. Thanks.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have toyo proxes and i like 'em... there not the grippiest thing, but they last :top:

Jonathan

Reaction score
LOL i dont think anyone looked to see what tires are available before spouting out names. the toyo proxy 4 tires are very nice tires as far as grip goes. i would not run a different tire front than back, kinda cheezy IMO:dontknow:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
LOL i dont think anyone looked to see what tires are available before spouting out names. the toyo proxy 4 tires are very nice tires as far as grip goes. i would not run a different tire front than back, kinda cheezy IMO:dontknow:

Oh no, I would definately get matching tires all around. I guess I'll go with the Toyos.

I guess people don't reaize that 295/30/20 aren't that common, Toyo and Michelin are the only ones I found.

blackX

Reaction score
Oh no, I would definately get matching tires all around. I guess I'll go with the Toyos.

I guess people don't reaize that 295/30/20 aren't that common, Toyo and Michelin are the only ones I found.

i would lean towards the michelins. did you know michelin owns BFG? so it would be almost the same. why don't you go 285s with the KDWs? the difference is VERY small and it is the tires you want.

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
i would lean towards the michelins. did you know michelin owns BFG? so it would be almost the same. why don't you go 285s with the KDWs? the difference is VERY small and it is the tires you want.

Thats an option too. I do love the BFGs. :hmmmm2: I quess I'm looking for a beefier tire.

Jonathan

Reaction score
check out the reviews of the proxie 4, pretty impressive. and yeah 285 isnt far from 295, but hey, its worth a little in the braggin department:biggrin:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Did ya even think that 285's or anything like that on the rear will not slip at all inless your really trying to.

I had different tires on the front and back of my MR2, Khumo Ecsta up front with some Goodrich tires in the back. I didnt feel ghetto for having them like that, but thats just my opinion.

Top Bottom