Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best wash and wax

dermaestro

Reaction score
I have used the meguires clay bar, polish and wax... i still have faint swirl marks after all that :thumpdown:

I purchased some of this wonder product "astro shield" at X-Fest... everyone that has used it lives by it. Ready to wash my X just to try. We'll see what the outcome is.... :rock:

The polish you used probably wasn't aggressive enough to remove all the swirls. Get some before and after shots of your work with the Astro Shield. I'm always willing to give other products a try.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The polish you used probably wasn't aggressive enough to remove all the swirls. Get some before and after shots of your work with the Astro Shield. I'm always willing to give other products a try.

Will do on the pics.. its just hard to get swirls to show up real good in a pic...

Don't forget.. im really anal about stuff like this, some may not even notice the swirls.. but i do and it bothers me :laugh:

dermaestro

Reaction score
Will do on the pics.. its just hard to get swirls to show up real good in a pic...

Don't forget.. im really anal about stuff like this, some may not even notice the swirls.. but i do and it bothers me :laugh:

Hood is usually the best place. Make sure you get the sun reflecting on the hood and you will see the swirls easily in pictures.

You and I are very much alike, my friend. I go to car shows and museums all the time and get pissed off when I see a fantastic auto with nothing but swirls. I was up at the Petersen Automotive Museum awhile back to check out the celebration they had for the 32 Fords. There were two Chip Foose autos on display...sick vehicles, that is until you inspected the paint. Swirls were absolutely awful; mostly due in part to how they are taken care of when at the museum. :(

HiTek21

Reaction score
For me

Wash - currently using Meguiars NXT Wash with the two bucket method / grit guard and a soft sheepskin washmit
Clay - mothers or zaino clay
Re-Wash

Porter Cable 7424 next few steps
Poorboys SSR 2 if swirls are noticable (2.5 if they're fairly bad) switching between orange and white pad
Poorboys SSR 1 (white pad)
Poorboys EX-P Sealant (let it cure for 24 hours)
3 coats of Poorboys Natty Paste Red

Sadly the Tacoma has a real bad orange peel effect on the side panels so you lose that deep reflection

Last edited:

07xrunner

Reaction score
Im guna try the full line of Turtle wax "ICE" line. The car wash, Liquid triple action clay bar formula, then the liquid ploish after..... I'll let you know how it works already bought just sitting waiting to be used tom....

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1
thats some good stuff as well i love you you can put it on all the plastics andd not worry about the white hazy look popping up in your black trim:top:

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
Yeah, well when i get a chance to use it im sure it will meet my espectations it wasnt all that expensive either, it was just under thirty bucks for the 3 bottles i think...

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
For me

Wash - currently using Meguiars NXT Wash with the two bucket method / grit guard and a soft sheepskin washmit
Clay - mothers or zaino clay
Re-Wash

Porter Cable 7424 next few steps
Poorboys SSR 2 if swirls are noticable (2.5 if they're fairly bad) switching between orange and white pad
Poorboys SSR 1 (white pad)
Poorboys EX-P Sealant (let it cure for 24 hours)
3 coats of Poorboys Natty Paste Red

Sadly the Tacoma has a real bad orange peel effect on the side panels so you lose that deep reflection

poorboy's has some good products..
how do you like the natty red?
im going to pick up some natty blue tomorrow to give that one a try
also check out Chemical Guys, P21S, and Klasse
these products are superior to OTC products like mcguiars

also Clay Magic clay bars are awesome

HiTek21

Reaction score
poorboy's has some good products..
how do you like the natty red?
im going to pick up some natty blue tomorrow to give that one a try
also check out Chemical Guys, P21S, and Klasse
these products are superior to OTC products like mcguiars

also Clay Magic clay bars are awesome

I'm really impressed with natty's Red, it brings out an extra glossy layer. It's hard to tell the difference (if any) between the Red and Blue. It just might be the durability between the two. I also hear some good stuff about S100 paste wax, being cheap, applies easily, last a while, & has good protection.

Next time I'm going to try Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze & Jet seal 109 because I keep hearing how good the durability is with the combination of the two. I really want to use it on my wheels though. I applied the EX-P sealant on my stock wheels and they stay pretty clean but I don't know how much longer it will last. First time I washed them all the brake dust melted off and I just had to wipe it off, it's been about 6 weeks and still cleans up pretty easily but not as good as it used to.

Some of the Meguiars OTC products are really good but some are a waste of money, it's trial and error to find what's good and whats not. I like their NXT Car Wash and most of their detailer sprays. They smell really good and do a great job of spot cleaning.

Top Bottom