Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

best way to clean exhaust tip?

tondeezy99

Reaction score
i noticed a little residue on mine, and would like to know the best way to clean it. Anyone know how to get it nice and clean? :biggrin:

Workman3886

Reaction score
Rim cleaner works well for the dirt and grim, I used a cheap headlight restore kit on my stock one and got it shiny again, however that's probably not the best way to go about it.

tondeezy99

Reaction score
blue magic:top:

will have to try that! as for now, I suppose i'll just use some rim cleaner! thanks xru fam!

didn't work as i only have rim protectant, found a can of battery cleaner, will that help to get the corrosion off the outside?

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Glad this thread poped up, I was wondering the same thing after the winter snow melts here il have to shine mine back up again

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Just use steel wool grit 0000 and some metal polish

tondeezy99

Reaction score
I'll have to try tomorrow. I have too much grime, need to get it looking clean!

justin13703

Reaction score
Flitz is good stuff for cleaning exhaust tips and stuff like that.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Just use steel wool grit 0000 and some metal polish

^^ +1
Wash as much grime & dirt off as you can. Use 000 or 0000 steel wool to get the rest off. This will get most of the black soot from the exhaust gas off. Follow that with some metal polish to make it all shiny again, I preferred Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. Put on the shade, crack open a cold one, sit back and admire your handy work. :crinklehair:

tondeezy99

Reaction score
^^ +1
Wash as much grime & dirt off as you can. Use 000 or 0000 steel wool to get the rest off. This will get most of the black soot from the exhaust gas off. Follow that with some metal polish to make it all shiny again, I preferred Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. Put on the shade, crack open a cold one, sit back and admire your handy work. :crinklehair:

Sounds like a good day!

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I find not having one is the easiest way to keep it clean.

Vandy01

Reaction score
I rub a little never dull on it after every wash works like a charm .

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
get chrome polisher/cleaner depending on what kind of tip you have. works well for me

Top Bottom