Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BESTBUY sucks....need help

07blkrunner

Reaction score
That is what I want but when I looked at the E-brake switch (the little white button) there was a green wire coming out of it (power wire) but when I did clamp into that the DVD would only play when I had the e-brake on. Do i need to splice into the power wire leading into the switch so that it will have constant power? Sorry I dont mean to sound like an idiot but im getting frustraited cause I know this isn't hard to do and its just not working.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Take the e-brake wire from the headunit and run one end of it to a toggle switch and the the other end from the switch to a ground. When your driving and switch to dvd mode you will have to flip the toggle switch and it should play. :top:

Here's a pretty good explanation http://www.antimidas.net/content/view/92/1/

07blkrunner

Reaction score
But doesn't it need to have a power source? Running it the just a ground with no power would make the head unit think the e-brake is off?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
But doesn't it need to have a power source? Running it the just a ground with no power would make the head unit think the e-brake is off?

No power just a ground, that's all your ebrake doesn is ground out when its on. So by grounding the wire it thinks the ebrake is engaged. The only kicker is the headunit checks for a pulse signal when the ebrake is applied (ground, no ground to ground) then it activates. This is why you will need to install a switch into the ebrake ground wire so you can break the ground for just a second so the headunit gets fooled in to thinking the ebrake is on. Now there is another way to do this and that's with a relay so you won't have to use a switch but it gets a little more complicated then. If you look on e-bay you will also find some little boxes that will allow you to do it without a switch also but the simplest/cheapest way is using the toggle switch as described above. :top:

In the attached pic you will see the basic setup... only thing is you can use a regular two post toggle switch instead of the three one as pictured and also it shows to run the ground to the negative battery post but the same thing is accomplished with using the same ground your headunit is hooked to.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 115

AFP520

Reaction score
On my Kenwood, I wired the e-brake wire directly into my ground wire and I can watch movies while driving. Not sure how much more complicated the Pioneer's are to do this to.

rich017

Reaction score
On my Kenwood, I wired the e-brake wire directly into my ground wire and I can watch movies while driving. Not sure how much more complicated the Pioneer's are to do this to.

did mine to the power wire. I think the pioneers are the same except for the new F series:hmmmm2:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Its a large liability for the company; you have to understand that portion of it.

If you were to crash watching boobies on your DVD player tomorrow you could turn around and sue them.

I agree with Best Buy making that decision but I would never take any vehicle there.

Most of the guys in the install bay dont know a thing when it comes to installs.

They also do a very chincy job and scotchlock pretty much everything.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score

I know for a fact this is how a guy I work with did his kenwood. Wired straight to ground, dvds run all the time no need for switch or fancy box. Dont know exactly about pioneers or newer head units (he did his about 2 years ago), but I hope this is how my new kenwood will be also

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I know for a fact this is how a guy I work with did his kenwood. Wired straight to ground, dvds run all the time no need for switch or fancy box. Dont know exactly about pioneers or newer head units (he did his about 2 years ago), but I hope this is how my new kenwood will be also

Yeah, most of the pioneers use to be this way but the newer ones require the ground to do a cycle before it will bypass.... an extra measure i guess. The new clarions require a switch or relay as-well.

Top Bottom