Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

better to sell/trade-in XR with mods?

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
currently i have an 05 xr with URD TCAI and the XII street drop kit with plasti dipped black stock wheels. Would it hurt me if i sold/traded my x in at a dealership with these on?

Coupe

Reaction score
You could probably sell the mods and come out better.

Reaction score
Mods don't add value to the vehicle unless the buyer is willing to pay for them. Dealers aren't going to pay for them and may even pay less for a modded vehicle since they would have to source OEM parts.

asianized

Reaction score
currently i have an 05 xr with URD TCAI and the XII street drop kit with plasti dipped black stock wheels. Would it hurt me if i sold/traded my x in at a dealership with these on?

Lmk if ur gonna sell the intake....I'll buy it

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I'd recommend going back to stock if your trading at a dealership especially if you have the parts..those mods are easy changes.

to get rid of the plasti dip I hear wd40 works the best

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
I'd recommend going back to stock if your trading at a dealership especially if you have the parts..those mods are easy changes.

to get rid of the plasti dip I hear wd40 works the best

Peeling is pretty easy too, had mine on since October and peeled it off the other day just to do a better job and it came off with ease.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
sell the mods, stealerships will try some shady stuff if you sell them a modded vehicle. plus whats better than a fellow xr member enjoying those :top:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
There is enough vultures on here, parts don't last very long, sell them and the dealership will more than likely give you more money, they definetly will not give you more for having the parts on there!

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
The stealership won't pay you for them but they'll sure as hell make the next buyer pay for them. So I wouldn't give them any extra money. Just sell them on here and put it toward your next ride.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
The stealership won't pay you for them but they'll sure as hell make the next buyer pay for them. So I wouldn't give them any extra money. Just sell them on here and put it toward your next ride.

This! Happens every time, don't know how people fall for it :dontknow:

widdoz runner

Reaction score
Because if the dealer offers a warranty those parts are covered under it. Plus some ppl shy away from modding things themselves and look at it as one less thing to pay a garage to do down the line

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Because if the dealer offers a warranty those parts are covered under it. Plus some ppl shy away from modding things themselves and look at it as one less thing to pay a garage to do down the line

I guess if you're cool with paying double or triple for those parts.

Brave777

Reaction score
Plus buyers often think that if a car is modded then it's been run hard and raced so it won't last as long :/

xrgilly

Reaction score
better to part out….when i went to move my truck i tried to sell it with all my stuff on the truck …. no luck selling it ..after a while i put it back to stock traded it in for the same price i was asking then sold all my parts putting 5 grand back in my pocket for a down payment

Top Bottom