Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Magic Liquid Wax For Black Sand Pearl

music_man185

Reaction score
needless to say, i have a black sand pearl and tomorrow i'm gonna give it it's first "good" wash of the warm weather. i'm also gonna clay it for the first time ever! (almost 2 years of ownership!) i've only waxed it once since i've had it and it was turtle wax paste. i wasn't thrilled with the end result. the black still had no depth or a great deal of shine to it. just wondering if any of you have ever used black magic liquid wax? i picked up some at the end of last year but haven't' used it yet. btw...it will be applied by hand with applicator pads. no buffers here. lol.

i've just recenty taken up an interest in detailing my tacoma. i read so many things about zaino, so i will probably get some of they're stuff when i'm through with this.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I still have some P21s sitting here that has never touched my truck. Had it for probably 2 years. So much work to get a great detail job done

music_man185

Reaction score
so no one has used this stuff? i'm gonna clay first. is a liquid wax like this sufficient enough to protect after a claying?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
so no one has used this stuff? i'm gonna clay first. is a liquid wax like this sufficient enough to protect after a claying?

A glaze will protect longer then a liquid wax (over a year vs. a couple months).

Your synth waxes last longer then your carnauba waxes, but dont have as much depth to them.

I use a good synthetic wax (3M or Meguiars) when im in a easy gloss mood. Or if I really want a nice shine with lots of depth and great protection. I cleanse the paint, glaze it, and use a great carnauba based wax (P21S).

Tip:

The product P21S is a great carnauba wax but goes for about $30.00 + for a small jar. There is also a product called S100 which is an identical product to P21S (down to the bottle). The S100 variation can be had for about $16.00 (half the price).

p2112700w.jpg

51N0GbzirTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

:top:

music_man185

Reaction score
thanks for your help. like i said in my original post, i'm new to all this detailing stuff...so what exactly is a glaze and how is it applied? i would like to get as much depth as possible. so much that its like a black mirror. ever since i've had my tacoma, the only gripe i've had is the metal flake in the paint. it just seems like it keeps it from having that nice depth that most blacks are capable of. but then again, i've never done anything to it other than wash and 1 coat of turtle wax. following the steps you mentioned...would it be possible to get that unbelievable depth out of my black sand pearl?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
yes you can......compliments of DS

glazefender2.jpg

Wayne R

Reaction score
Since you have put something on your truck already.....you need to get it off. In other words go back to square one:

1. Get a Pre-Wax Cleaner to remove old wax and other contaminates. Here's some suggestions:

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer
Pinnacle Paintworks Cleansing Lotion
Klasse All-in-One

2. Seal the Paint finish to protect it and prevent future contamination

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

3. Apply a high quality pure Caranuba Wax

Wolfgang Fuzion
Pinnacle Souveran

Look here for quality products and car care tutoring......:

www.autogeek.net

music_man185

Reaction score
i haven't waxed my truck since last summer. do i still need a pre wax cleaner? in the past year, all its had is hand washes.

edit: also, i dont know about x-runners, but my truck has a orange peel type paint at the bottom of the doors. how do i clay over it? is it the same, or do you clay it at all?

Last edited:

music_man185

Reaction score
well, i've done a little more reading and googling since my last post, and i think i'm going to hold off on the black magic wax. i've read in several posts and reviews that its hard to remove especially on darker vehicles. it tends to swirl very badly. so i'm probably gonna just order some zainos.

but, i've planned on detailing my truck all week, and was looking forward to it. so i'd like to go ahead and wash, clay and wax it with products that are readily available until i can get some zainos. what kind of finish would i get if i just used the sample of meguiars cleaner wax i got with the clay bar? or if that wouldn't suffice, what kind of over the counter wax is really good that i could just pick up from the store? lots of people say meguiars nxt, but i was afraid that with it being a synthetic wax, i wouldn't get that deep mirror finish i'm looking for. :hmmmm2:

Wayne R

Reaction score
i haven't waxed my truck since last summer. do i still need a pre wax cleaner? in the past year, all its had is hand washes.

edit: also, i dont know about x-runners, but my truck has a orange peel type paint at the bottom of the doors. how do i clay over it? is it the same, or do you clay it at all?

Yep...your finish is dirty...whether it looks like it or not.....:biggrin:

Once you use the Pre-Wax Cleaner you will see the dirt on the cloth.....:wink:

The aforementioned products in my previous post are formulated to excel on Black and Red vehicles

Last edited:

music_man185

Reaction score
looks good! what did your process consist of and what products did you use?

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
i used Mother's Clay Kit

lol it took me about 2 hours haha no lie

Attachments

• prod_1199830613.jpg
    prod_1199830613.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 107

music_man185

Reaction score
i used Mother's Clay Kit

lol it took me about 2 hours haha no lie

lol. i just came in from washing my truck. it alone took me 2 hours. its been a while since it's had a good bath though, and that 2 hours included windows and a meguiars quick detailer afterward. after a "good" wash, i realize that it DEFINITELY needs claying. after i washed it, i went over it with meguiars detailer and there is still water spots and rough to the touch. will claying remove those water spots too?

did you use the wax that came with the clay kit? how good are the "cleaner" waxes and what is the difference?

music_man185

Reaction score
a little background on the current finish of my truck. it's almost 2 years old and has only seen 1 coat of turtle wax which was last year. when the weather is warm, it is hand washed regularly. its been through a couple of winters (salt on road), but i always take it to the car wash to rinse off any salt that accumulates. i've got some light swirling and hateful water spots that dont want to come off even with meguiars quick detailer. if you slide the back of your finger down my truck, it grabs and doesn't feel slick at all.

just so i'm clear, here is what my process will consist of to bring my paint back to life:

1. Wash - Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash
  2. Clay - Meguiars Clay Kit
  3. Polish - Meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish
  4. Wax - what over the counter wax do you guys recommend for a deep shine
i would like to throw a glaze in there, but i dont know of any over the counters and i dont have a buffer or polisher. and i've read that glaze's are pretty difficult to remove by hand. how hard will the meguiars polish be to remove by hand? if i've missed anything or anyone has some suggestions feel free to post. looking for all the help i can get. lol.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
truckmcd.jpg

truckshow1.jpg

pearl.jpg

pearl2.jpg

enginebaycarbon.jpg

a little background on the current finish of my truck. it's almost 2 years old and has only seen 1 coat of turtle wax which was last year. when the weather is warm, it is hand washed regularly. its been through a couple of winters (salt on road), but i always take it to the car wash to rinse off any salt that accumulates. i've got some light swirling and hateful water spots that dont want to come off even with meguiars quick detailer. if you slide the back of your finger down my truck, it grabs and doesn't feel slick at all.

just so i'm clear, here is what my process will consist of to bring my paint back to life:

1. Wash - Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash
  2. Clay - Meguiars Clay Kit
  3. Polish - Meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish
  4. Wax - what over the counter wax do you guys recommend for a deep shine
i would like to throw a glaze in there, but i dont know of any over the counters and i dont have a buffer or polisher. and i've read that glaze's are pretty difficult to remove by hand. how hard will the meguiars polish be to remove by hand? if i've missed anything or anyone has some suggestions feel free to post. looking for all the help i can get. lol.

The water spots have etched themselves into the paint. They will need to be polished/compounded out to be removed. If you clay the paint it wont remove deep etching.

Order in some Klasse glaze.

Carnuaba wax gives great depth with a few weeks protection while synth waxes give a very glossy look with much more lengthy protection

Last edited:

music_man185

Reaction score
i went to my local auto parts store today. my arsenal consists of:

1. Meguiars Car Wash
  2. Meguiars Clay Bar
  3. Meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish
  4. Meguiars NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax
i had read a lot of people praise nxt, but didn't know if i should get the paste or the liquid. i settled on liquid, but i can take it back if its going to be a pain to apply and remove. also, how difficult is the polish to apply and remove by hand? is it the same as wax?

p.s. - what percentage tint is that on the front and back?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
i went to my local auto parts store today. my arsenal consists of:

1. Meguiars Car Wash
  2. Meguiars Clay Bar
  3. Meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish
  4. Meguiars NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax
i had read a lot of people praise nxt, but didn't know if i should get the paste or the liquid. i settled on liquid, but i can take it back if its going to be a pain to apply and remove. also, how difficult is the polish to apply and remove by hand? is it the same as wax?

p.s. - what percentage tint is that on the front and back?

Ive used NXT waxes and out of the two I prefer the liquid. I felt the wax itself worked good, it protected the paint a while, but didn't pop as well as others ive used on BSP.

Anything by hand will be harder, take longer, and wont have as good of a result compared to a machine applied polish.

The tint is 5% all around.

The trick to using glaze is to lay down as thin of a coat as possible (barely visible).

A lot of synthetic waxes work better if you apply and remove them right away (allowing a small amount of time to dry); work one panel at a time. It is tempting to go and wax the entire truck and then come back and remove it, but it doesn't turn out as good IMO.

Another good tip is this:

After you hand wash your truck and are hand drying it, spray the panel down with a detail spray as you wipe it dry.

This will help protect the finish from scratches and give you an excellent spotless dry.

Last edited:

music_man185

Reaction score
well guys, i got most of my truck done yesterday. i had to work off and on because it would start sprinkling. i got the entire bed and one side of my truck done. i washed, clayed, polished and waxed. i dont know if i did the claying right, because i've had it for 2 years now and never been clayed, but it really didn't pick up that much. i hardly hit any places where the clay bar wanted to drag. it went pretty smooth throughout the whole truck. (of course i haven't done the front bumper or hood yet, thats probably where its at). my finish is now smooth to the touch though. i wasn't really impressed with the polish though. i still have some light water spots and it didn't really seem to bring my color out like i thought it would. i really couldn't see a difference side by side of what i polished and what i didn't. what else do i need to get to bring out the shine of my paint and get ready these water spots?

also, how long should you wait between polishing and waxing. i pretty much went right into waxing once i wiped the polish off. and how long does it usually take for the nxt liquid wax to dry? i've never used a liquid, so i didn't know if it was supposed to harden like paste. i waited about 15 minutes after applying to a section and it still didn't seem hard, so i just removed it anyway.

Top Bottom