Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Magic Liquid Wax For Black Sand Pearl

08XRUN

Reaction score
Ive used NXT waxes and out of the two I prefer the liquid. I felt the wax itself worked good, it protected the paint a while, but didn't pop as well as others ive used on BSP.

Anything by hand will be harder, take longer, and wont have as good of a result compared to a machine applied polish.

The tint is 5% all around.

The trick to using glaze is to lay down as thin of a coat as possible (barely visible).

A lot of synthetic waxes work better if you apply and remove them right away (allowing a small amount of time to dry); work one panel at a time. It is tempting to go and wax the entire truck and then come back and remove it, but it doesn't turn out as good IMO.

Another good tip is this:

After you hand wash your truck and are hand drying it, spray the panel down with a detail spray as you wipe it dry.

This will help protect the finish from scratches and give you an excellent spotless dry.

Thats some great info man I've got to get started on mine in the next week or two. Your truck looks awesome its putting mine to shame!:adore:

music_man185

Reaction score
i just noticed that your from millers creek. i think i've seen your truck in wilkesboro. i've seen a black x runner with the black headlight mod a few times on 421. one time was coming down that road that runs next to the dodge dealership. it may not have been you, i'm not sure how many x runners there are with the black headlight mod in wilkes. when i saw it, i told my buddy that was with me that that truck was probably modded out, just by seeing it had the black headlight mod done. lol.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I've used this stuff and works awesome...

http://www.productioncarcare.com/images/prod_imgs/midnight special quart.jpg

Along with this, paint gloss or like a detail spray...
http://www.productioncarcare.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=614

P5223227.jpg

Last edited:

08XRUN

Reaction score
Well that could have been me or Josh (08-xrunner) cause he has the bhm also but now he has his rims painted so that is one of the best ways to tells us apart.lol I'm glad you started this thread cause it has given me some insipiration to try to make my paint look better.lol

music_man185

Reaction score
Well that could have been me or Josh (08-xrunner) cause he has the bhm also but now he has his rims painted so that is one of the best ways to tells us apart.lol I'm glad you started this thread cause it has given me some insipiration to try to make my paint look better.lol

i'm glad i started this thread too, because its made me realize that i have a lot to learn when it comes to detailing. i used to think i was doing good by washing every week. lol.

that looks crazy! i have a lot of work left. lol.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dont forget to add dressing to your trim and bed.

Having clean trim and a clean bed really brings the rest all together.

truckbed.jpg

truckbutt.jpg

music_man185

Reaction score
The water spots have etched themselves into the paint. They will need to be polished/compounded out to be removed. If you clay the paint it wont remove deep etching.

Order in some Klasse glaze.

Carnuaba wax gives great depth with a few weeks protection while synth waxes give a very glossy look with much more lengthy protection

since i still have water spots after i polished, will the glaze take them out? or do i need a more abrasive polish? i also didn't have a pre wax cleaner. that would have probably helped too.

i'm not sure if i even applied the polish correctly. after i had already polished, i read a post from pb over on toyota nation that your supposed to rub it until it pretty much disappears. i basically just rubbed it in a little and removed it. :thumpdown:

edit: is deathshadows truck really that much "blacker" than Derrixryd? or is it just the difference in outdoor lighting and camera settings?

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
since i still have water spots after i polished, will the glaze take them out? or do i need a more abrasive polish? i also didn't have a pre wax cleaner. that would have probably helped too.

i'm not sure if i even applied the polish correctly. after i had already polished, i read a post from pb over on toyota nation that your supposed to rub it until it pretty much disappears. i basically just rubbed it in a little and removed it. :thumpdown:

edit: is deathshadows truck really that much "blacker" than Derrixryd? or is it just the difference in outdoor lighting and camera settings?

Check this link out: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html

There is a lot to read on the topic of polishing and car care in general.

BSP is a hard color to photograph due to the pearl.

The truck tends to look many different colors based on the light.

Sometimes it looks like there is no pearl and just looks deep black, sometimes it looks grey, sometimes it looks black/grey and the pearl shines through.

Of course cleaning helps too, you can tell how clean the paint is by how much it reflects and how clear that reflection is.

Its very hard to see depth in a picture.

On a cloudy day or dawn/dusk the truck looks very black and shows no pearl.

On a sunny day the truck color and depth varies on the positioning and intensity of the sunlight.

music_man185

Reaction score
i gotta say after seeing your photos (especially your last post), that is exactly how i want mine to look.:bird:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
i gotta say after seeing your photos (especially your last post), that is exactly how i want mine to look.:bird:

Thanks mayun' it takes a lot of work on my part to keep it looking like that; much appreciated.

The last picture is Klasse Glaze with a top coat of P21S/S100 Carnauba Wax.

The outer trim is coated with Maxima SC1 and the bed is coated with Meguiars #40.

I use Meguiars Gold Class shampoo & conditioner because it works well, is affordable, and readily available at your local walmart/chain autoparts store.

I use a sheepskin mitt to wash, and big pleaded microfiber towels to dry with sprays of meguairs ultimate quick detailer during the wipe down process.

Never wash/dry/polish/wax in direct sunlight.

Last edited:

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Man D.S., I thought mine had good reflection but damn, yours makes mine look :thumpdown:
I need to have it polished out. All I've done is waxed and used the Production paint gloss on it. It really needs to be clayed and polished to really pop that little extra. :biggrin:
Very nice Doug, way to represent the BSP's. :biggrin:

P5223227.jpg
[/QUOTE]

truckbutt.jpg

It was overcast by the ocean... but still.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Man D.S., I thought mine had good reflection but damn, yours makes mine look :thumpdown:
I need to have it polished out. All I've done is waxed and used the Production paint gloss on it. It really needs to be clayed and polished to really pop that little extra. :biggrin:

P5223227.jpg

http://www.hvmotorsports.com/pubdlmisc/truck/detailed/truckbutt.jpg

P5223227.jpg
[/quote]

truckbutt.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks but its probably lighting too brother.

I noticed that the sky in your paint seems to be very cloudy where as my picture is taken on a very sunny day in the shade side.

music_man185

Reaction score
Thanks mayun' it takes a lot of work on my part to keep it looking like that; much appreciated.

The last picture is Klasse Glaze with a top coat of P21S/S100 Carnauba Wax.

The outer trim is coated with Maxima SC1 and the bed is coated with Meguiars #40.

I use Meguiars Gold Class shampoo & conditioner because it works well, is affordable, and readily available at your local walmart/chain autoparts store.

I use a sheepskin mitt to wash, and big pleaded microfiber towels to dry with sprays of meguairs ultimate quick detailer during the wipe down process.

Never wash/dry/polish/wax in direct sunlight.

i'm going to stop by the local harley davidson dealership on my way home tomorrow and see if they have some s100. i probably wont find any klasse glaze locally will i? what kind of pre wax cleaner do you recommend? and polish to get out some deeper water spots and very light scratches and swirling?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
i'm going to stop by the local harley davidson dealership on my way home tomorrow and see if they have some s100. i probably wont find any klasse glaze locally will i? what kind of pre wax cleaner do you recommend? and polish to get out some deeper water spots and very light scratches and swirling?

You will need more then a paintwork cleanser to remove serious etching.

I recommend you purchase a DA, to use any decent polish by hand over the entire surface of the truck will take FOREVER.

You will need to use a pad with some mild cut (as apposed to a finishing pad) and some mild polish.

Start your way at the least aggressive method and work your way down to find what works.

music_man185

Reaction score
well...i picked up some s100 today! $15 for a pretty decent size tub. i haven't had time to try it out yet though. it will probably be this weekend before i am able to if the weather permits it. i already have a coat of meguiars nxt liquid wax on half my truck. a coat of s100 over top of the nxt should really make it pop shouldn't it? i'll let everyone know how it works if i'm able to put it on this weekend.

music_man185

Reaction score
i had a few extra minutes yesterday evening to apply some of the s100 to part of my tailgate. i just applied it to half of my tailgate so that i could see the difference. i looked at my truck this evening (24 hours later) and i can't even tell where i applied it and where i didn't. it started raining a little after i applied it yesterday. could this have kept it from curing? i assumed that i could see a difference on the section that had s100 and the section that didn't. please note that it was applied over a coat of nxt. but i wouldn't think that would make a difference.

music_man185

Reaction score
my truck is pretty clean right now for the most part. last night i got the whole thing washed, clayed, polished and a coat of nxt wax. but this morning i woke up and it has pollen on it. i'm gonna put a coat of s100 on it this afternoon when the sun goes down a little. would it be ok to spray it down with water and go over it with meguiars quick detailer to dry it and get ready for wax? or would the quick detailer right before waxing not be good?

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Use a leaf blower to get all the pollen off, then quick detail and wax. BSP's are the only ones who have to wash and wax after the sun goes down. :biggrin:

Top Bottom