Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Sand Pearl Paint For BHLM

music_man185

Reaction score
has anyone used BSP paint to do their black headlight mod? i bought a set of used headlights that had been painted a few years ago. the paint is starting to chip around the edges and the inside of the lenses look real greasy where they didn't clean them after doing the mod. i'm not sure what kind of paint they used, but its a flat black. and it just doesn't look right when my BSP truck is clean and shiny everywhere and my headlights look dull.

i know they make a rattle can spray paint at most auto zone's/advance auto stores thats supposed to be a direct color match. has anyone used this color matched BSP paint to do their headlight mod? i've never seen it done, but it seems like it would blend with the truck better since its the same paint.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
While I can't recall anyone that has done bsp some members have matched their rr/swb hlm. Those spary bombs work pretty good but the results will depend on your prep work, better prep = better results

RumRunner

Reaction score
i know a few members have done it, myself included, honestly you cant tell it's bsp unless it has the sun directly hitting it

DSCF6953.jpg

DSCF7088.jpg

music_man185

Reaction score
that looks pretty good.

my goal isn't really to make the paint blend, but rather make it not stand out so much. if that makes any sense. my headlights now look very dull and its obvious, even from far away. i'm just looking for something that will not make my headlights stand out so much.

it sucks to spend so much time washing and waxing your truck, only to stand back to look at your work and your headlights look like they're 20 years old.

btw...where did you get your paint? and do you remember the paint code?

RumRunner

Reaction score
i got it from napa's paint dept. It's dupont brand (basecoat; clearcoat) paint code 209

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
my headlights are BSP'd...:rockon: about to start a retro setup if I can ever get my hands on some OEM headlights...

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

2010-07-15093509.jpg

Top Bottom