Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackCat Restored - Black and White XRunner

BlackCat

Reaction score
Okay, here are some shots.

Not quite finished, got a cpl other things to do, but parts are still in the mail. Also wanted to get some sunset shots, but it's been cloudy / rainy every afternoon here in Tucson thanks to the summer monsoons. So there will be more photos in the near future.

Until then, however, enjoy these ! :top:

DSC_3173MS.jpg

DSC_3177MS.jpg

DSC_3191MS.jpg

DSC_3187MS.jpg

DSC_3206MS.jpg

DSC_3219MS.jpg

DSC_3241MS.jpg

DSC_3243MS-1.jpg

DSC_3254MS.jpg

DSC_3278MS.jpg

DSC_3296MS.jpg

DSC_3308MS.jpg

DSC_3323MS.jpg

DSC_3338MS.jpg

DSC_3344MS.jpg

DSC_3350MS.jpg

DSC_3371MS.jpg

DSC_3377MS.jpg

DSC_3391MS.jpg

DSC_3393MS.jpg

DSC_3401MS.jpg

DSC_3402MS.jpg

DSC_3407MS-1.jpg

DSC_3428MS.jpg

DSC_3432MS.jpg

Last edited:

ultraxr

Reaction score
VERY very nice! I like the little details of the red pin stripe separating the two colors. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Truck looks great mang! Love the red XRunner emblem on the tailgate, helps bring out the red pin stripes
Also like how u changed the American flag to black and white, to me it helps keep the theme even though the flag had red in it originally

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Nice colour choices man, I would defenitely rock it.

Question for ya though, are those ebay HLs?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Thanks all for the positive comments ! :top:

Question for ya though, are those ebay HLs?

They're not from eBay, though they did replace the eBay units I had on there originally (they got all sandblasted in the same sandstorm that chipped up the truck which is where this largely insurance-funded paint job came from). The bodyshop got them from their local supplier here in Tucson, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get the same units on eBay.

Truck looks great mang! Love the red XRunner emblem on the tailgate, helps bring out the red pin stripes

Yep ! Also got a red PC'd X-brace which doesn't show in these shots. Between the X-brace, the pinstripes and the logo (and some other stuff that's still en route), the red accents tie together fairly nicely.

Also like how u changed the American flag to black and white, to me it helps keep the theme even though the flag had red in it originally

The Red/White/Blue looked great when the truck was just BSP. But with the white, the tricolor just became too loud, there were just plain too many colors on the front end of the truck. But I wanted to keep the flag them. So I traded the tricolor flag valence with Generation-X for his stocker valence and started over again with the B/W flag.

BTW, it's the same eBay seller that made the tricolor flag, the B/W flag and the X-Runner logo (eBay seller : ridicgraphics).

I see calender shots in there :top:

We shall see .... :rockon:

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
Damn Kevin your truck is HAWT! I like how the b&w flag really helps tie the front end together I also really like how the red xr emblem onthe tailgate pops on the white pearl

R1 Chris

Reaction score
wow that looks sick. i think it needs to be dropped but thats just me.. nice work my friend

BlackCat

Reaction score
I like how the b&w flag really helps tie the front end together I also really like how the red xr emblem onthe tailgate pops on the white pearl

Yep, I was actually going to tint the flag a bit darker because the white in the flag is actually a bit lighter than the white in the paint. I ordered some vinyl tint but our wondering US Postal Svc lost the shipment and attempts to get the retailer to resend turned into a fiasco. So I gave up and the two somewhat different shades of white remain. Nonetheless, it does still look good :top:

As for the logo, it actually has a piece of clearbra covering it. I did that because of all the "sharp edges" of the logo decal (edges of the letters) which would make it prone to peeling. The clearbra helps station the logo against the tailgate and prevent peeling.

i think it needs to be dropped but thats just me..

Did you not read the bit about some "parts are still in the mail" ... :top: ... not that I'm trying to hint what those parts are ... :laugh:

Looks Good!!!!

Amazing! This is Well done! I'm jealous of you!

That looks like a work of art. Very nice

Thanks !

Last edited:
Top Bottom