Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Triumph 675!

Murderface

Reaction score
Awesome bike!!

Now is that a turbo or a blower? I think I saw OCC do a bike with a blower on it. Not sure I remember how it ran whether or not it turns off the crank or somewhere else?

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Its a rotrex blower, the d675 has been turbocharged before but this is a 1st as far as i know. Check out the build thread

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
It's cool but defenitely not a lot of power for a boosted bike...

A lot of newer 600s easily break 110-130 HP with a solid tune and bolt ons.

A liter bike or more would of easily been able to make that power N/A.

triumphx

Reaction score
It's cool but defenitely not a lot of power for a boosted bike...

A lot of newer 600s easily break 110-130 HP with a solid tune and bolt ons.

A liter bike or more would of easily been able to make that power N/A.
I dont know man roughly 60% more power than stock is pretty astronomical especially on only 7 psi. For an example the whipple SC for the 2011 Tang only produces 50% more power on 9.5 psi! Ha i had to, anyway I have the same bike with bmc race ir filter, full titanium exhaust, fully tuned and only putting 110 to the wheel. But could a liter bike hang in the corners?

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I dont know man roughly 60% more power than stock is pretty astronomical especially on only 7 psi. For an example the whipple SC for the 2011 Tang only produces 50% more power on 9.5 psi! Ha i had to, anyway I have the same bike with bmc race ir filter, full titanium exhaust, fully tuned and only putting 110 to the wheel. But could a liter bike hang in the corners?

A 750 could hang in the corners and will produce good power, but unless your really that good of a rider a liter bike is going to easily hang right behind you anyway.

Most street riders do not push the bike anywhere near their handling limits; even if the rider on the 600 was that much better and the liter bike did fall back a little in the turns hes gonna run by u real quick on the first straight away.

Im just saying I don't see the point in boosting a 600... Go for a 750 or a 1000, or a Busa/ZX14 etc...

There are lots of bikes out there that will make that power in N/A trim while not only saving you tons of money will be more reliable as well.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Recently shipped a C38-91 to two different people with Triumph Rocket 3 bikes going for a world record.

What they tell me the Rotrex is much better for the salt flats because the power delivery is very smooth. They were having trouble with turbos spooling suddenly and breaking traction. I guess the salt is kind of slippery.

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I believe the quickest bikes in the world run 5s on nitrous oxide.

There is also a guy who has a bike with a rocket underneath it lol.

Those salt flat guys are going for top speed runs, couldn't imagine how far you would slide hitting the ground at that speed.

Can a liter bike hang in the corners? See avi pic. R1 174rwhp.

Hell yeah man thats what I am saying.

:top:

Last edited:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I will say the 675 is a fun track bike. A friend let me ride his at Chuckwalla raceway. Real light steering, easy to flick around

And if anyone wants to come to Willow Springs Internation Raceway next weekend our group will be there 9 3/4.

Www.ti2tt.com to sign up, 150 a day 250 for both days. I'll be happy to show you around the track.

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
A 750 could hang in the corners and will produce good power, but unless your really that good of a rider a liter bike is going to easily hang right behind you anyway.

Most street riders do not push the bike anywhere near their handling limits; even if the rider on the 600 was that much better and the liter bike did fall back a little in the turns hes gonna run by u real quick on the first straight away.

Im just saying I don't see the point in boosting a 600... Go for a 750 or a 1000, or a Busa/ZX14 etc...

There are lots of bikes out there that will make that power in N/A trim while not only saving you tons of money will be more reliable as well.
A 750 cannot hang on a track let alone a liter bike, when the d675 first came out they put it up against the gsxr750 and the d675 beat it every lap. Its the beauty of the bike man, averbody and there mom has a r6, r1, cbr, busa, any zx. Im not saying the d675 is a ducati but it does hold somewhat of the same shock factor. %75 of people that see mine is surprised they make a sport bike. Of course some of the liter bikes can take a ducati or aprilia or mv agusta but its about being different than the same old shit. Most likely a new mustang gt would beat my vq35 powered sentra spec-v(sold) but how many people have a 350z motor in a sentra. Just thought i'd share a cool and DIFFERENT bike

Last edited:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
And so now that you added weight where is the super charger mounted? Not saying it isn't an interesting bike. Everyones moms R1 may not have a few select superbike engine parts along with a shaved head. People in Texas may not they they make sport bikes because there not paying attention to who makes what. Same people that will just consider them all a ninja type bikes.

The manager of Lee's Cycle Racing has an R6 with 144rwh with a Formula Extreme spec'd engine. The Owners current race bike BMW S1000RR. Exhaust and tuning 203rwhp in AMA Superbike legal. There full superbike engine that he got 3rd with at Macuo made 225 rwhp. Google Jeremy Toye.

On that note I want the speed triple. I was going to work for Triump last year at the Long Beach International Motoycycle Show leading demo rides. Cancelled because it rained all weekend.

Wrap it up and come out to Willow next weekend. I'd be interested to hear the blower whine down the front straight.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
my 929 was pretty sweet for a stock bike it keep up with everyone else just fine :top:

im not really sure why so many people are hell bent on adding so much power to sport bikes, half of them are wasting their money as they cant push their bike to the stock limit to begin with

Attachments

• Track 1.jpg
    Track 1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 89

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
My last trackbike is a 929. Still have it. Been a steet fighter project that I need to finish someday.

Some of us can push a bike pretty hard. Thats a to each his own question. My body work on was off an Erion Racing FX bike that Kurtis Roberts used at Daytona in 2000 the year he got the championship. Got it in the garage still.

And here is a little tip to make the 929 even better. Set tne forks in the triple clamps so there flush at the top. Raise the rear ride height 17mm. I have Racetech internals for the forks and hieght adjustable shock. Makes it turn i crisper and it brings the swing arm angle so it makes better traction out of corners. Its an Elka shock but its been prblematic. Penske and Ohlins have an edge on product quality.

Attachments

• 37521_1440275259581_1614052653_1085469_2620634_n.jpg
    37521_1440275259581_1614052653_1085469_2620634_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
And so now that you added weight where is the super charger mounted? Not saying it isn't an interesting bike. Everyones moms R1 may not have a few select superbike engine parts along with a shaved head. People in Texas may not they they make sport bikes because there not paying attention to who makes what. Same people that will just consider them all a ninja type bikes.

The manager of Lee's Cycle Racing has an R6 with 144rwh with a Formula Extreme spec'd engine. The Owners current race bike BMW S1000RR. Exhaust and tuning 203rwhp in AMA Superbike legal. There full superbike engine that he got 3rd with at Macuo made 225 rwhp. Google Jeremy Toye.

On that note I want the speed triple. I was going to work for Triump last year at the Long Beach International Motoycycle Show leading demo rides. Cancelled because it rained all weekend.

Wrap it up and come out to Willow next weekend. I'd be interested to hear the blower whine down the front straight.
I agree but texas has nothing to do with it, im from oregon and its the same thing up there. Kinda like peeps thinking the xr is a xtreme! If this 675 had a built motor like the r6 and upp'd boost im sure it'd put down way more power. Its not my bike just one on the forum, i just thought it was cool being the 1st supercharged d675 and with a 60% power increase is still pretty good. Btw in stock trim the r1 has 50 lbs more than the 675 so with the parts on this bike im sue theyre around the same weight but still a bit more nimble. Like you said i love mine cause with just a flick of weight it falls into corners

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
No offense but double check your specs. My 04 R1 has a dry weight of 380 with the stock exhaust. Mine has an Akropovik Superbike system so ditching the cat converter and the EXUP valve makes it that much less. 675 has a dry weight of 389lbs.

CBRBob

Reaction score
My 04 R1 has a dry weight of 380 with the stock exhaust.

:stupid: :stupid: Drain the gas, oil, fork oil, coolant and take the battery out. Put each wheel on a scale and tell me how much it weighs.
Besides, how are you supposed to ride the bike without those things?

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
:stupid: :stupid: Drain the gas, oil, fork oil, coolant and take the battery out. Put each wheel on a scale and tell me how much it weighs.
Besides, how are you supposed to ride the bike without those things?
Add approx 30to40lbs depending on gas tank capicity, coolant capicity, crankcase capicity for both bikes its still not 50lbs lighter

Top Bottom