Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Body Kit Clips For Cheap!!!!

Murderface

Reaction score
F that theyre all the wAy in China:thumpdown:
Just use some zip ties.......much cheaper and will NEVER come off again

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^which body parts are u referring to? The only valence part I know is on the front bumper.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
F that theyre all the wAy in China:thumpdown:
Just use some zip ties.......much cheaper and will NEVER come off again

Tried zip tyin mine yesterday its no where near as straight as with the clipsi mean it looked like shit. Or is there some way to make em look like they do with clips ?

Murderface

Reaction score
Well to be honest there are ground effect pieces that u cant use zip ties to keep them on. The panels under the front doors i used zip ties on and it held them tighter and straigher then the clips could ever do. All the other panels I had to fix the plastic pieces that the clips sat in before using the extra clips I got from when I first bought the truck.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Well to be honest there are ground effect pieces that u cant use zip ties to keep them on. The panels under the front doors i used zip ties on and it held them tighter and straigher then the clips could ever do. All the other panels I had to fix the plastic pieces that the clips sat in before using the extra clips I got from when I first bought the truck.

Yup, I figured out how to last night. My bad I ment to say side skirts...the small one before the back tires, I drilled a small whole about a half and inch before the factory clip spot, and was able to hold it on there waaaaayy better than those damn clips. I love zipties, holds my bumper on and sideskirts.
:top:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score

I dunno the other day I used zip ties to try to fix the piaces that go under the door and it looked like shit. I fed the zip tie thru the small hole that's on the bottom of the clip hole in the truck body and than thru the side of the side skirt holes and it came out looking like shit which way did u zip em? If my explanation made any sence:hmmmm2:

ntinhri

Reaction score
can you snap a pic of the zip tie mod please!

Murderface

Reaction score
I dunno the other day I used zip ties to try to fix the piaces that go under the door and it looked like shit. I fed the zip tie thru the small hole that's on the bottom of the clip hole in the truck body and than thru the side of the side skirt holes and it came out looking like shit which way did u zip em? If my explanation made any sence:hmmmm2:

Ill snap some pics for u tomorrow.

can you snap a pic of the zip tie mod please!

Ill snap some pics for u too Steve

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I prefer clips over zipties, i don't know i just prefer keeping things like that original lol just like when i have repairs, i'll always buy the genuine Toyota part over the oneoff that may be the exact same product lol kinda anal bout stuff like that.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^but the fact of the matter is that the clips are a piss poor design and the zipties will hold much better, are much stronger and will last longer. Besides no one will ever see the zipties so why does it really matter?

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
^^^but the fact of the matter is that the clips are a piss poor design and the zipties will hold much better, are much stronger and will last longer. Besides no one will ever see the zipties so why does it really matter?

lol you are 100% correct even though i've never had a problem with the clips holding on mine i've seen they're lack of sustainability on others. its just one of those things can't really explain my nitpickyness lol

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^I fully understand how picky one can be with their truck because I am too. Thats why I used the zipties, because Im so picky I didnt ever want to have another issue with the clips. This will be a permenant solution to the clips shittyness LOL.

Murderface

Reaction score
Heres some pics of my passenger side ground effect, the long one under the door. Pink zip ties FTW and for easier visual. As u can see by the last pic the skirt is butt up against the body with no gaps in between. Theres no way this is falling off again!!
6915381d.jpg

9e5fc9e1.jpg

ffb7a109.jpg

772d6267.jpg

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Tats how I did mine but the it didn't look straight I gota re do it.
Thanks for the pix

Top Bottom