Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

body kit coming off

NITRAM-X

Reaction score
i am having problems with the clips that hold the body kit on, on all sides of my truck. i took it up to the dealership once allready and they said they tightned a screw, and that should fix the problem. i knew it didn't but i was in a hurry and left anway. its been two weeks now and the whole left side is about to fall off so i finally took it back up there today on my break between classes. the lady told me that this problem would not be covered under warranty because she saw me racing at the gainesville track and its obvious my truck is raced alot:argh: ?!? is this possible or should i go back up there and demand for them to fix it.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think they can deny the warranty because of how you drive your truck. It's a sport truck, how's it supposed to be driven?

Ask to see the clause in the warranty that says it's not covered if you race it. May be in there - but I kinda doubt it.

07xrunner

Reaction score
i would demand they fix it ... she cant prove that it was you she saw .
and racing shouldnt cause the body kit to fall off

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Take it to a different dealer, if you have one kinda close to you :top:

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
this lady must be on crack, :motz: I would politely ask to see her boss.:argh: Keep going up the ladder till something is done...

trd_sport

Reaction score
Stupid lady, so I guess you can't accelerate to 90mph without it falling off??? Go talk to a manager, if someone said that to me I'd tell them where else I may decide to drive the truck lol

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
First of, all how can she know it was you. There are 10500 XR's out there. 3500 per model year.

My brother saw another SWB XR, and thought it was me until he noticed that it didn't have the Red Devil Horned Toyota Logo, in the center rear window.

Did she copy your license plate down? Is that even legal for her to do? I mean who is she, the X-Runner Police?

I'd take it to another dealer and file a complaint against the one that didn't fix it. It probably won't do anything, but it will make you feel better. Don't go back to that dealership for anything, not even an oil change or tire rotation. Or you can find your salesman, and drop a load down his throat, and see what happens. My salesman is awesome, everytime I stop by Toyota he comes out to greet me, and all I can say is that "I love this truck...." He's great.

I know my salesman would say something, even though it's not his job, if I had a complaint to make.

I've done worse than that and my body kit is holding up good. I scraped the underside of the driverside, when I was in Austin during the incident (another thread), that I avoided the big prostitute and then had to go into a parking lot and then didn't see another vehicle in my right side blind spot and was hanging over both sides of the median.

My body kit is doing fine.

They need to fix it. The Body Kit, is actually part of why our trucks handle and hold so well. Look at the weird curves and spots for air to flow on the kit, and on the front bumper check that odd angle. helps keep the truck stable. (don't quote me on it, but it makes sense to me).

Seriously though, what are we supposed to do with our trucks, drive them at 45mph all day?
There was an older man in the area who owned a Viper and towed a golf cart around all day in it. he rarely went above 50mph, and well he had a lot of problems. Apparently he had carbon buildup in his motor.

These are sport tuned machines. They are meant to be driven. Otherwise i'd have bough the 4Cylinder Tacoma, for the gas mileage.

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
07speedwayblue is correct... there was in issue where they didn't want to give me a loaner for some of the warranty work they were doing on my truck... All i did was go over to my salesman and explain to him that i bought a truck to drive and its having to be fixed so they need to find something for me to drive... 5 mins later he pulls around with a loaner car :top:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
well everyone here is right and well explained 07swb :D. Theres no reason for them not to fix it no matter what because your under warranty ( bumper to bumper ) i mean thats what its there for lol and that pretty much sums it all

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
Stupid lady, so I guess you can't accelerate to 90mph without it falling off??? Go talk to a manager, if someone said that to me I'd tell them where else I may decide to drive the truck lol

AGREED!! you should just take a spray bottle of water with you an go to the same lady an everytime she said something to you that you dont wanna hear just spray her in the face......:top:

AsianTaco

Reaction score
the lady told me that this problem would not be covered under warranty because she saw me racing at the gainesville track and its obvious my truck is raced alot:argh: ?!?
I'm guessing you are the only one with an XRunner huh? lol.

AGREED!! you should just take a spray bottle of water with you an go to the same lady an everytime she said something to you that you dont wanna hear just spray her in the face......:top:
THAT WOULD BE FUGGIN HILARIOUS LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. My friend's sister does that to her dogs to lol hahahahaha.

j98gst

Reaction score
Try putting windex on it :laugh: I heard its good for alot of things :biggrin:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
The squirt bottle works great, I used it on my puppy when she was chewing up furniture and other things. The puppy learned to stop, but if they're stubborn, use higher water pressure.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
this lady must be on crack, :motz: I would politely ask to see her boss.:argh: Keep going up the ladder till something is done...
This has worked for me many times in the past. Remember my story about when I bought this truck it had after market wheels and they did not want to deal with me?? Well let me tell u this. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!. Went from the saleslady all the way up the ladder to Corporate in Cali. And yes I got all new factory wheels and tires and a reduction of $3500 off my contract. Then found another overcharge in the contract. And just got my check for that last week of $380. :rock:

project-c2

Reaction score
Kind of sounds like our dealership. In your case, try another dealership.

07speedwayblue

Reaction score

Be careful though. Here in Texas, that can be construed as a assault. :(

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i say take it to another dealership. they should be working for your business...waranty work or not.
I just had my ecu replaced under warranty. the guys were really cool, asked me more about my supercharger than what was wrong with the truck. :top: they had no problem with changing the ecu out even though I have 3 differant boxes spliced into it. :biggrin:

07xrunner

Reaction score
i say take it to another dealership. they should be working for your business...waranty work or not.
I just had my ecu replaced under warranty. the guys were really cool, asked me more about my supercharger than what was wrong with the truck. :top: they had no problem with changing the ecu out even though I have 3 differant boxes spliced into it. :biggrin:
thats awsome man ... the way it should be :top:

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
Some of the dealerships are just a holes. My friend went to a subaru track event sponsored by subaru and they thrashed the cars all day and it didnt affect the warranty.:dontknow:

Top Bottom