Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bolts instead of studs URD Traction Bar

rennurx

Reaction score
I just contacted URD, and they sent me to the manufacturer of the traction bar. They sent me new studs, bolts, everything. It costed me $15 shipped, but it was all new. Personally, I wouldn't have put bolts in it. But if it works for you, that's good.

I see this is an old thread but I need those studs. Just found a big puddle of dif fluid under my truck. Crawled under to look and I seen one bolt was loose, one felt stripped and the other two were missing! So I tightened them up for now (the ones that were still there) I didn't put the traction bar on so idk how it all went but the studs didn't seem long enough so idk if they were switched or the old ones were used? I just need these studs asap!

Murderface

Reaction score
Ur best bet is gonna be to do all that's necessary to slide the axle shafts out of the axle tubing so that u can slide the 3rd member out and reseal it. If not ur gonna kick urself if the gasket ends up leaking. It's a lot of work to slide the 3rd member but well worth it trust me, been there done that!

Also use Permatex Great Stuff to seal everything

rennurx

Reaction score
Never took one apart... I wanna just put the studs in first hopefully it stops leaking if not I'll have to take it all apart..

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Never took one apart... I wanna just put the studs in first hopefully it stops leaking if not I'll have to take it all apart..

It won't... once you get a leaky rear end you pretty much are going to have to crack the bitch open and do a complete reseal on it. :frown:

Top Bottom