Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brake caliper color for red truck

rebXehle420

Reaction score
Im going to paint my brake calipers., which color do you guys think would be best? Red or yellow? Ive got a barcelona red truck

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I'd just paint them black. Painting the stock calipers on our trucks just highlights how tiny the stock brakes are lol

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I'd just paint them black. Painting the stock calipers on our trucks just highlights how tiny the stock brakes are lol

This! But if you were going to do it to stand out I say go for the yellow but i would prefer red especially if your keeping the stock wheels. Depending on the color of your wheels I may change my mind.

rebXehle420

Reaction score
I kind of bought the red kit already lol if i dont like it i might change it black.

Has anyone painted the rear drums? Would you?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Don't paint the drums, looks way to ricey and it's not like is a caliper, I would actually do both gloss black!

nick_gz1

Reaction score
black IMO, but if it were between those two then I guess red

LifeAlert

Reaction score
when i bought my truck both the calibers and the drums were painted red and I absolutely hate it. I just haven't taken the time to strip the paint and paint them black

rebXehle420

Reaction score
Me and my brother pitched in for a red kit because he wants to do his mustang too. Im just going to do the front calipers not the drums.. I think itll look good but if i dont like it ill buy a black kit and do both front and rear with it.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Generally speaking when calipers are painted bright to stand out they are not "stock" they are performance related and look like they should stand out...

The stock brakes on these trucks are tiny and not worthy of standing out... they should blend in and hide.. I would go with black...

Remember there is no such thing as a performance drum brake... do not paint them red.....

I once painted drums gun metal gray... BUT it was only to color match the rim on my car..

I am thinking about doing the same to the truck only to hide them...

If you had a BBK on the truck paint them pink so everyone knows that you have real stopping performance. Lol

That is just me :) stock brakes black or color match the wheels just no bright colors soo ooh if the wheels are red then paint them black :):)

sonic555u

Reaction score
My stoptech big brake kit came silver I love it l just looks cleaner to me.

Top Bottom