Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brake dust solution

Older Guy

Reaction score
I fixed the shitty brake situation by installing TRD pads....

However, the resulting in brake dust all over my wheels is a mess.

I saw a video online about Armor All wheel protector...

I bought a can and sprayed my wheels after a car wash....

It really works.....no more brake dust.....

Gadget

Reaction score
I have been looking for that stuff. Where did you find it?

G

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree. I used this stuff when it first came out. Worked for about a week, then it wore off. I don't agree with buying this stuff constantly just have wheel dust not stick. I'd rather just wash my truck and save the money.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I agree this shit definetly works, on my third can.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Ive been having some brake dusting issues too, but after talking with Rotora it seems like i was sent the wrong calipers....It has to do with something about rear trailing piston and forward leading piston.. apparently the rotora kits have, on 6 piston caliper, have 3 different size pistons. the largest one is the last to grab. Well in the kit i got its the first to grab...idk but i have another set of correct calipers coming soon. So we"ll see..

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
If u look close the bottom piston is the larger one of the 2....The rotation of the rotor is counterclockwise

Attachments

• IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 133

Red_Hott

Reaction score
My suggestions is run the EBC green stuff pads...since i switched to them brake dust is no longer an issue

micpun

Reaction score
its the only way that i can keep my white rims, white.
I thought about changing to a less messy pad but the trade off is less stopping power. No reason to buy a BBK to get less stopping power.

Red_Hott

Reaction score
im not sure white beauty it would be something you would have to look into....and i have no brake fade at all with them and with drilled and slotted rotors i cant ask for a much better setup out of a stock 1piston caliper

Top Bottom