Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brock's non runner build

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
I remember seeing this spot for a gauge but I dunno if you'll do it

Anyways I seen it on TacomaWorld where the guy cut a hole for the gauge right below the dim switch beside the wall of the gauge surround

Just a suggestion for your stealthy look, the steering wheel might cut your view to seeing it, just a suggestion for ya if you wanna think it over lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Prime FTW!!! I use that a lot!

dramad1

Reaction score
Flex pods ftw. Looks sweet and outta the way.

Attachments

• image-3298354875.jpg
    image-3298354875.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 150

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Flex pods ftw. Looks sweet and outta the way.

Thought about it from the start and its just not my cup o tea.... I like the setup and I'm happy it fills a niche.
But I want something a Lil more stealthy and out of my way.
No a pillar for me either because the lack of pics showing the drivers view to the left.

It seems like the a pillar pod creates a larger blind spot than we have already.... Remember I don't have an xrunner and I notice the a pillar bone stock creates a blind spot off road. I usually run no seatbelt in those situations.

Also don't want things too noticeable looking into the truck. I have 30% tint on the front doors and won't go darker due to laws. We aren't allowed any film on the front, but this 30% I think skates by cuz its not blacked out.

My truck is unassuming to look at..... All decals and emblems are gone now, the rims are stock, the off road lights are gone, the lift is only 2", its silver..... Its pretty much the civic of trucks around here.... It seems 80% of the 2nd gens where I am are silver.
I did this because people are opportunistic and I want my truck to remain stock looking.... Including stock radio.

Its not a money thing..... Its just that I don't wanna stand out.

It pays off 3 fold......
1. In a parking lot I draw no attention

2. On the road people may only hear the exhaust and assume I'm a poser with a heavy offroad used truck and have a loud exhauast. I've proved many wrong and enjoy it.

3. After proving said people wrong... My truck blends right back into the masses and even if people see the shenanigans and call the cops, my truck is just another silver Tacoma with no external cues to stand out unless they get plate number. Due to not sitting like a xrunner and also not being 6" lifted truck has its benefits sometimes..... I'm a happy medium I guess.

Looks good!

Thank you...... But the real fun is what u can't see on the outside.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Then it seems sir, that what TT4Ever mentioned will be your best bet. Since the other logical spot has been taken by the boost gauge.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You should post a picture of yours. So he can have a reference of it mounted to the pillar.

Hmm....I wonder if there is enough overhang over the factory gauges, on the passenger side, to be able to mount the afr gauge?

Last edited:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Then it seems sir, that what TT4Ever mentioned will be your best bet. Since the other logical spot has been taken by the boost gauge.

I agree..... Just need to see what's behind that and if I'll need to fab a ring to keep it angled right.... I'm no fiberglass guy tho.

Sleeper ftw!
coming from the sleeper of ssleepers, I appreciate the recognition! Racecouch ftw
You should post a picture of yours. So he can have a reference of it mounted to the pillar.

Hmm....I wonder if there is enough overhang over the factory gauges, on the passenger side, to be able to mount the afr gauge?

Agreed on a pic from racecouch.....
I mean Robert.

But what area is this u speak of near passenger side toeman?

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
further looking shows that the wideband gauge will be obstructed too much for my preference if mounted in that left part of the dash due to the blinker stalk.

My boost location is fine tho, specially since I rotated the gauge clockwise to show the "0" to be centered instead of offset.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
In TT4EVER's recently posted picture, you can see the overhang of the dash, on the driver side. Right above the gauge moulding.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
In TT4EVER's recently posted picture, you can see the overhang of the dash, on the driver side. Right above the gauge moulding.

I think I see what ur saying......... mount the cup (upside down) against that overhang yes?

It should be here tomorrow........Ill have to see what kinda wiring Ill need to hide too.

BTW, just noticed the 1st page had 1 pic or so..... I moved the scattered ones I had over to the first post now.

I didnt spend enough time here back in the day!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The good thing about how low I mounted it, is that doesn't contribute to the blind spot.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Yupp that's what I was talking about!

further looking shows that the wideband gauge will be obstructed too much for my preference if mounted in that left part of the dash due to the blinker stalk.

My boost location is fine tho, specially since I rotated the gauge clockwise to show the "0" to be centered instead of offset.
I had a feeling that something would block your view! Still figured I'd throw out the idea

That would be a neat idea for a gauge lol

dramad1

Reaction score
What about under the air conditioning controls behind the stick in the Lil change cubby.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
What about under the air conditioning controls behind the stick in the Lil change cubby.

GPS mount being modified for that location.... Good idea tho.... Another out of site item instead of window mounting
Appreciate all the ideas guys!

Top Bottom