Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BrokenTusks build

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Is it me or does your gauge rest at 5 ;)

What all is done to it??

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
Is it me or does your gauge rest at 5 ;)

What all is done to it??
Gauge rest??? :s

lol heres the list from TW:

I finally figured I'd get around to making one of these... after being pestered.. and apparently the excuse of being busy (AKA: Too Lazy) isn't good enough.. will be editing and updating it as I go!
thumbsup.gif

I figure my first post will just be a mods list and my second post will be the story.

D.R.D. Build: Dinosaur Relocation Device
Aliases:
Ariel (Named from the little mermaids hair colour by my ex)
Make/Model:
2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner Radiant Red
(Best model/Best colour)
Engine:
4.0L V6 1GR-FE (I run Quaker State 5w-30 Full Synthetic)
Transmission:
6-Speed Manual (Swapped to GL-5 Synthetic Tranny fluid, check lessons learned)
Wheels/Tires:
Rims: Stock Xr 18" Rims (Plans to paint em sexy later)
Tires: Cooper Zeons in summer (Best performance tires I've ever used)
.......... Blizzaks in winter
Supercharger:
URD MK1 Liquid cooled intercooler system w/ 75mm Overdrive pulley (up to 10 PSI at full rpms)
Rotrex C30-94 Centrifugal Supercharger
Custom URD MK1 Belt Size: 7 rib, 109"
Intake:
URD True Cold Air Intake w/ Injen Cover Shield & HydroShield Bag (Check lessons learned)
Exhaust:
Headers: 2nd Gen Doug Thornley Long Tubes
Y-pipe: URD Y-Pipe + O2 Sim's
Muffler: Flowmaster Custom Pipe Cat-back
ECU Programmer Chip:
URD PCU (Performance Calibration Unit), controls my 7th fuel injector
Fuel System:
URD fuel kit: Walbro 255Litre/Hour Fuel Pump kit
URD 7th Fuel Injector

Top Speed: 210km/h (130mph) is where it currently governs
Estimated HP: Should be approximately 330-340hp, #'s seen from similar builds on Xr-u.com.
I will be getting a new dyno this summer.

Radar Detector:
Passport 9500 Ix w/ GPS

Aesthetics:
- Soundproof and Rust proof undercoating (Check lessons learned)
- 8k Slim Cubby HID Headlights & Fog lights
- TRD Neoprene Seat Covers w/ "X-Runner" Custom Stitched into the Headrests
- Black Weather tech Front and Back Floor Mats
- HomerTaco's Thin Lip M4 mesh TRD grill
- Sockmonkey's TRD Zombie Response Unit bedside decal
- Watermellon Air Freshener

Amount Invested: Aprox. $7800
Amount of Accidents: 4
Cost of Accident repairs: Aprox. $20,700

Upcoming Parts:
- NST Lightweight pulleys
- Custom Tune
- Blue LED dash lights
- LED Dome light
- New headlights and tailights (Still deciding what style I like better)
- T-rex headlight eyelids (Still debating)

Lessons Learned:
- Transmission: Tranny calls for GL-4 or GL-5 grade lubricants. I used a GL-5 Synthetic (Same as rear diff so i could just buy multiple at the time). The GL-5 has slightly different additives to it, making it seem a lot more thicker in the icey temps here in Canada. Makes it harder to shift then regular dino oil till she's warmed up. I will be using a straight GL-4 next time.

- Soundproofing: Wait the 24 hours recommended for the damn stuff to cure properly, I waited an hour before engaging in a 2 hour highway drive, I now have tiny rocks and rock dust embedded into the rubber wheelwell coating.. barely noticeable, but still, wait!

- URD TCAI: If you have one of these installed on your vehicle, and travel at speeds higher then highway, DO NOT put your vehicle into neutral to coast. The wind pressure buffeting at the front of your vehicle will mess with the MAF sensor and cause your engine to be unable to maintain Idle, causing your engine to stall.. at highway speeds. Creating loss of Power steering & brakes. You must buy the cover shielding to prevent this effect. or.. you know.. just don't switch to neutral while speeding.

- Grille: The stock grill requires ALL of the mounts to be stable, I had broken 1 of the circle black clips and forgotten to replace it, over time (just a few months) the vibs broke off the front colour surround while on the highway due to wind forces.

- Belt replacement: If your stranded on the side of the highway with a blown belt and you have a spare but no tools. Your tire iron can be used as a pry bar to move the tensioner pulley.

jboy671

Reaction score
I learned the tip you gave about the belt tensioner pulley by accident many years ago. Works in a pinch but it sucks when you have no belt to replace with :p

PAXR

Reaction score
Sound like a solid build so far.

Also on your tranny oil, gl-5 is corrosive to our yellow metal syncros. Gl-4 FTW

Top Bottom