Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BSP on Williams in Kenner, LA

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
He had a temporary license and it looked to be an 05-08 completely stock. Luckily I got my recruiting cards in time...I followed him down the street and gave him a card and told him to check the site out. So we might have a new member coming soon....and if he joins then it won't be stock for long lol.

Ethereal

Reaction score
Hi there. That was me. It's a 2008 and I just bought it last week so still have the temp tags on it. It's stock and only has 24000 miles on it, but it looks like they were hard miles from the previous owner. Here's how dirty the engine was underneath the cover:

IMG00175-20110227-1155.jpg

Plus the oil was majorly overfilled, (twice as high as the full mark). That recirulating hose is caked in oil. Not sure if thats normal, but im sure oil was getting into the intake in a major way.

Also there is a crushed, yes crushed, rear shock that I havent replaced yet:

IMG00189-20110306-1203.jpg

All in all I'm enjoying it and will probably keep it stock except for a nice audio setup.

By the way, Babyboi2284, your X-runner is hot. I saw you up ahead of me and then I figured you were up to something when I saw you get out your turning lane and get behind me lol.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Hi there. That was me. It's a 2008 and I just bought it last week so still have the temp tags on it. It's stock and only has 24000 miles on it, but it looks like they were hard miles from the previous owner. Here's how dirty the engine was underneath the cover:

IMG00175-20110227-1155.jpg

Plus the oil was majorly overfilled, (twice as high as the full mark). That recirulating hose is caked in oil. Not sure if thats normal, but im sure oil was getting into the intake in a major way.

IMG00189-20110306-1203.jpg

All in all I'm enjoying it and will probably keep it stock except for a nice audio setup.

By the way, Babyboi2284, your X-runner is hot. I saw you up ahead of me and then I figured you were up to something when I saw you get out your turning lane and get behind me lol.
la place eh? I live in laplace and welcome to the forums...:top:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Ethereal said:

Woot Woot XRU recruiting cards FTW!!!

Damn what the hell did they do to crush a shock!?!?

And no harm intended but now that you're a member of XRU your x won't be stock for long lol. There are tons of mods you can do and alot of them are VERY cheap and easy. Check out the "how to" and "FAQ" sections to find out what other members have done and found out about our trucks.

And I didn't wanna come off as weird but I seen you behind me and I had to give you a card cuz this site is f'n awesome lol. I was headed to hang out with another x owner when I saw you.

Looking forward to hanging out...where do you live?

Ok you live in Laplace lol...if you hang out with Donny then you WILL wanna do something to it.

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I just thought about it...when I took off my stock shocks there were covers over the cylinder so maybe that's the only part that's messed up...hopefully

fmap4life

Reaction score
Man, I Never even inspected mine b4 purchase, not even a test drive, I just said thanks gotta go(heres 10k down) before my first sergeant finds out I snuck off post LMAO. Luckily all was well besides, the list I created after I got it home and washed it..............:laugh:

Ethereal

Reaction score
Lol, It's not a big deal, those are the only 2 blemishes, both easily fixable. Already changed the air filter / cabin filter, oil, transmission fluid, differential fluid, plugs , and washed the engine bay. I have a new rear bilstein shock on order and will replace that soon, and then it'll be as good as new. Interior is clean and it drives and shifts great. I'm happy with the purchase even though i didnt notice those things before buying.

I noticed the overfilled oil but didnt bother unscrewing the plastic cover and didnt look at the shocks since it rode fine on the test drive.

Babyboi2284, i think you're right and it is just the dust cover of the shock thats mangled because I managed to pry it down a little and I can see the metal tube underneath and it looks fine. I'm going to replace it still just to be on the safe side.

Night I brought her home:

DSC00444.jpg

Last edited:

Slay0r

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Whats ur name?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
We;lcome to the site bro. I'm Mike i live in Metairie. Time to add more to LA So-Lo crew :smile:

Top Bottom