Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bullydog

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Standalone EMS is actually the best way to go as far as maximum bang for buck.

Can XR

Reaction score
Would I spend the cash on one, no I would rather support the venders on here first. But it's nice to see main stream companies taking notice of our trucks.

Tanaka

Reaction score
Ccaruolo is probably bored of waiting. Now that he moved into a more lenient state, he probably wants to fine tune his truck. After all, doesn't matter if you gain 1hp or 100hp; hp is hp. Lmao

MadToy

Reaction score
Don't forget that with the BD, you're stuck with one of the tunes it comes with. You can't modify it to fit your setup perfectly. One size doesn't fit all, and I feel for the folks that run this on their modded S/C motors without knowing exactly what it's doing.

Here's the other thing we don't know. When they post videos and dyno graphs, we don't know if those were done with the tunes that come with the tuner, or if they were modifying them for marketing purposes. For instance, you can make quite a bit more power by turning off or desensitizing knock sensors, turning off COTP mode, adding unsafe timing, and other safeguards. Until an actual user goes and does a before and after with it, no telling how much power it will make - or worse, how it's making the power. I would get a MAF Cal that I have some control over, and know what it's doing, before getting the BD. And not sure where the 25hp number came from. On the video, they made 18hp on a S/C with a 2.8 pulley and full exhaust mods.

Of course, this is all my opinion only.....

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
Wow, what a storm this created. That was never the intent. Nor was it meant to be a slam against Gadget or any of the other vendors here. It was merely to point out that there was another option available. Carry on.

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
why dont you just wait for URD? They are almost ready with the connectors

Patiently waiting here for URD :top:

BTW Wow, I also didn't mean for the this thread to blow up like the way it did. I'm glad other mainstream companies are paying attention to the 2nd gen Tacoma for once.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
i would say power to money is not there...
$1000=25hp
$.97=.024hp

then again if you look at the TRD SC.......
$4000=69hp 235hp to 305hp toyo specs...
$.97=.017hp

maybe i did something wrong? all i did was divide everything by 2.... So if this is true then at the end of the day maybe it is not a "too" bad of a deal....

what am i saying the TRD wine is worth way more on the "cool" factor.. haha

That is some funky math you got going on there.
Using your numbers,
1000$ for 25 hp = 40$/hp
4000$ for 70 hp = 57.14$/hp

livinginsa

Reaction score
Wish someone would buy it to see if it is worth the money. Actually, I wish someone that has the X-1 would buy it so they would make a comparison. What if it is easy to use and worked well.

Reaction score
I think it's funny how one guy got pissed that the BD tuner didn't do everything it said it could like controlling the dimmer delay for the interior lighting. If you look at their site they just copy and paste all the features to all the model pages. Also as far as I know those adjustments are a GM feature because they use body ECUs in their vehicles.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Could have saved himself a thorough amount of hassle had he learned more about the whole product prior to purchase. And it is as if he spent that kind of money mainly to adjust cabin features. More so that power gains. Seems like the wrong idea of worth to me. But maybe I am just more aell informed about how the truck works and what it does an doesn't have. Thus giving me a biased opinion.

At the end of the day though, it is a programmer for power. All the other possible features are just nifty extras.

Gadget

Reaction score
Those comfort features are easily adjusted. Any high end scan tool can do all of that.

I do it on all of my trucks and I do it for other people at meets with my scan tool.

G

Reaction score
This is pretty much what happened:

shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif.gif

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this on the powerblock too and was glad to see it, but that price is crazy, way more then I expected.
I've been waiting 4 years for URD and I will continue to wait.

SooRunner

Reaction score
For that price, I would go ucon or aem...better luck tomorrow for those 09+.

Top Bottom