Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bump Steer Kits

Reaction score
Interested
Are you currently running this Lynx? If so, can you share pictures of the install and your experience with it.

Thanks

Lynxshd

Reaction score
I am currently running this and the install for me was done by the developers of the kit. but it is fairly straightforward. I had a wheel alignment done at goodyear as I also changed the front shocks to vikings tripple adjustables, with the 650 rate springs. which was a change from the qa1's with 550, FYI don't do the 550 waste of money.
I have found a massive improvement on the bump steer of the car.
20230524_135746.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg

Lynxshd

Reaction score
I am talking to them about trying a few other options to make this as good as possible. Stay tuned for that

Lynxshd

Reaction score
I checked with them today to confirm the spacers for the steering rack are included in the kit.
by lifting the rack up and moving the tie rod down you can bring the level of the tie rod arm closer to the stock angle reducing bump steer.

Gadget

Reaction score
Looks like a single shear setup. Not good for a steering system.

sf.larry

Reaction score
Gadget sent me down the rabbit hole. What is single shear? What is double shear? What is kingpin inclination angle? Bunch of stuff I have no business even thinking about.

Gadget

Reaction score
Gadget sent me down the rabbit hole. What is single shear? What is double shear? What is kingpin inclination angle? Bunch of stuff I have no business even thinking about.

The way your rear shocks mount to the axle is double shear meaning the bolt is supported on both sides. The bolt it not going to snap off.

With the way a tall bolt is being used with spacers is put a lot of shear force on the bolt where it enters the knuckle. Much more likely to bend or snap off on critical steering component.

Nashman

Reaction score
Looks like a single shear setup. Not good for a steering system.
all bump steering is a single shear. most all oem is single share with a taper/ pin or nylock since this setup uses the same diametor as the upper tapper near the ball it will be fine. heavy farm equipment or crazy over the 4x4's are double shear because massive abused and big ass heavy wheel's. tecno makes good stuff

Top Bottom