Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buying another car..

07SWB

Reaction score
Well I've been looking around on craigslist for a little while trying to find someone to trade my trans am to. Been looking for a classic car and came across a 1962 cadillac sedan deville. Guy wanted 3500 for the car with a freshly rebuilt 390ci cadillac motor. He said he didn't wanna trade for the trans am so I just moved on. He texted me a week later and said I can have the car as a roller for $500... of course I'm jumping all over that!

Plan is to pick the car up on Sunday and once the trans am sells buy a 472 and tranny for the caddy then bag it and throw some wide whitewalls on it.

Trans am is for sale for $3500obo.. needs paint and a little tlc in the interior. Car made a 12.80 pass at 108.xx when the previous owner had the car. It was owned by xru member Xdsm and he sold it to his buddy then I bought it from him last august.

heres some pics of the caddy that the owner sent me. interior is near perfect with the exception of the tear on the driver seat.

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
nice! so what all does the caddy need to be driveable?

Coupe

Reaction score
My grandfather had a 61. Serious pimp ride.

07SWB

Reaction score
Car needs a motor and trans then I can go drive it.

That's cool coupe! I'm going to be rollin it ratrod style

Coupe

Reaction score
Power vent windows facinated me as a kid.

07SWB

Reaction score
The only power option that I don't think the car has is the vent windows.. power seats in a 62 lol

07SWB

Reaction score
posted up some pics in the first post... check it out!

07SWB

Reaction score
i picked up the car on sunday! had to cut the ramps off the trailer for it to fit lol.

Its parked in the garage (barley) but its in there.

I will post a couple detailed pics in just a few minutes as soon as i find the cord for the digicam.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
My grandmother had a 72' deville coupe with a stroked 472 when she lived in NY. Bad@$$.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Nice project car, not my cup of tea. But to eachs own, me personally Id rather the trans am. GL selling it.

07SWB

Reaction score
Well I was going to post pics but can't find the stupid camera cord. Going to best buy right now to pick one up

Oh and my fiancee enjoys driving the trans am so it looks like we are keeping it lol

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Nice bro! alot of people don't appreciate these big ol' led sleds or ANY 4 door. I recently traded a 65' Tempest 4 door super sleeper with a fully built 383 stroker. Big cars are fun to drive/ride in. Especially when given enough power to compensate for that fat ass. It's like cruisin on a cloud. All that extra room and the back doors come in handy when cruisin with your boys too. Enjoy!

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
dam Mike you go through vehicles like you change your underwear...:rofl: I guess you and David got something in common...

but on a serious note...nice score...:top: I love old school Cadis...drop a stroker kit and a blower on that 472 that way when grandpa rolls up on you to compliment him...you can give him a heart attack from the raw power he wished he had when he was a youngsta...:laugh:

07SWB

Reaction score
There will be no ridiculous power coming out of this car.. low and slow is how its gonna be.

The 472 will probably get the nastiest cam I can put in it without messing with pushrods or valve springs then I will top it with a nice intake, carb and air cleaner and call it good. Only exhaust mod it will have it straight pipes.. can't throw flames when there's mufflers in the way!

07SWB

Reaction score
cant find my damned camera cord so i gotta wait til i can go and buy one or something that will accept the memory card so i can upload the detailed pics of the car. Here are a couple cell phone pics that i took the day we went to pick it up.

Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8yMTk.jpg

Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8yMjM.jpg

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
bad ass man, I've always wanted a old cruiser like that.

Top Bottom