Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

C notch

MillsXR

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I want to notch my truck asap. But I need a notch and djm would not sell just the notch alone. Any of you guys know where I could get one? In the near future I'm going to get my hands on those steel drop leafs, beefy taco blocks for the rear.

kayo808

Reaction score
There are couple of guys on here that are looking for c notches too. Best bet is to go to a shop and get one made. If your interested you can contact Neck Breaker Kustoms on fb and ask him to make you one and install it too. He is located in sand island. He made a lot of notches before and his work is really good:top:

Rahko

Reaction score
i called djm direct and they sent me a 2" drop kit for rear with c notches bump stops ubolts shims everything for $260 they will make a kit to fit you needs

ultraxr

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, looking for C-notches. But I'm going to go check out some local truck shops and see if they would do a custom notch job. Cause I'm not to crazy about the DJM not being completely boxed/closed up. I'd prefer to have it notched out and all sides of the frame sealed up.

MillsXR

Reaction score
revobreaker said:
Can you weld? or u looking for bolt on?

Well I have a friend that can get it done for me. I just need the notch

kayo808 said:
There are couple of guys on here that are looking for c notches too. Best bet is to go to a shop and get one made. If your interested you can contact Neck Breaker Kustoms on fb and ask him to make you one and install it too. He is located in sand island. He made a lot of notches before and his work is really good:top:

Do you have an idea on how much it would be?

Rahko said:
i called djm direct and they sent me a 2" drop kit for rear with c notches bump stops ubolts shims everything for $260 they will make a kit to fit you needs

Wow I did not know that! I will keep that in mind!

ultraxr said:
I'm in the same boat, looking for C-notches. But I'm going to go check out some local truck shops and see if they would do a custom notch job. Cause I'm not to crazy about the DJM not being completely boxed/closed up. I'd prefer to have it notched out and all sides of the frame sealed up.

Do you have an idea on how much that would be to get done?

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
http://qualityairride.com/catalog/notches

^ has 8 piece notches that im sure could be made to work, but all you need is a nice sheet of steel and some fabrication tools/abilities.

The way there notches are, its 2 side pieces that you weld to the frame, then a top piece that you weld to hold the side pieces together, and to the top of the frame. The last piece goes under the sides after you cut out the factory frame. (^QAR uses 3/16 steel plate, and its beefy!)

I have also see people take something like 2x4 steel box, miter it ande weld it together, then onto your frame. To DIY isnt that hard if you have access to the right tools....

OR if you like the DJM kit, do like Rahko and contact DJMDIRECT (tony i think) here on the forum and he WILL hook you up with what you need.

MillsXR

Reaction score
http://qualityairride.com/catalog/notches

^ has 8 piece notches that im sure could be made to work, but all you need is a nice sheet of steel and some fabrication tools/abilities.

The way there notches are, its 2 side pieces that you weld to the frame, then a top piece that you weld to hold the side pieces together, and to the top of the frame. The last piece goes under the sides after you cut out the factory frame. (^QAR uses 3/16 steel plate, and its beefy!)

I have also see people take something like 2x4 steel box, miter it ande weld it together, then onto your frame. To DIY isnt that hard if you have access to the right tools....

OR if you like the DJM kit, do like Rahko and contact DJMDIRECT (tony i think) here on the forum and he WILL hook you up with what you need.

I will try to contact Tony (DJMDIRECT) about maybe just selling me a notch. If not, I either have to find a shop locally or do the 8 piece notch. I will definitely talk to my friend about maybe doing that 8 piece thing though!

Murderface

Reaction score
I will try to contact Tony (DJMDIRECT) about maybe just selling me a notch. If not, I either have to find a shop locally or do the 8 piece notch. I will definitely talk to my friend about maybe doing that 8 piece thing though!

Good luck with that, Tony was gonna try to get us just the notch but DJM said NO!!
I was really hoping we could get just the notch because I know there would be about 20 of us that would buy the notch

kayo808

Reaction score
I not to sure how much he would charge. You can contact him on fb. I know my prez had a template of our c notches for the xrunners but i think he lost it i can ask him though. But i remember him saying that this other guy lost it though

MillsXR

Reaction score
kayo808 said:
I not to sure how much he would charge. You can contact him on fb. I know my prez had a template of our c notches for the xrunners but i think he lost it i can ask him though. But i remember him saying that this other guy lost it though

I sent him a message, just waiting for a reply. Hopefully it can be done with or without a template.

kayo808

Reaction score
I sent him a message, just waiting for a reply. Hopefully it can be done with or without a template.

Just tell him you want a monster notch lol. But the templates was just so we could make more notches and sell it.

113tac

Reaction score
i know over on TW a member has a c notch made by Beefed Taco from streetacos.com. im sure if you email them, they might be able to help you out.

MillsXR

Reaction score
113tac said:
i know over on TW a member has a c notch made by Beefed Taco from streetacos.com. im sure if you email them, they might be able to help you out.

I'll try shoot them an email. Thanks for the tip!

ultraxr

Reaction score
I already emailed Brian @ Streetacos and he said he does not have a notch kit 05+ tacomas yet. He did a one time custom notch kit on Ryanjboutin's XR and that was it. He does plan on doing up a notch for the XR's down the road but not yet. I had this conversation with Brian a week and a half ago.

113tac

Reaction score
I already emailed Brian @ Streetacos and he said he does not have a notch kit 05+ tacomas yet. He did a one time custom notch kit on Ryanjboutin's XR and that was it. He does plan on doing up a notch for the XR's down the road but not yet. I had this conversation with Brian a week and a half ago.
oh okay. his truck is the one i was talking about haha. i wasnt sure if he could make another one or not.

you could probably just get some metal from somewhere local and make your own. its probably not too difficult.

ultraxr

Reaction score
yeah i could. But for the convenience of it all, I'm going to get the DJM rear kit. haha

kayo808

Reaction score
So what did NBK say? If anything his welds and work is real clean and good.

Top Bottom