Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CA smog coming up...(Gadget?)

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Registration is due in December...you know my mods, I may need to locate a set of shorty's if anyone wants to get rid of a set or lend out a set?
Will the stock intake and headers work with my s/c tune for the smog dyno (G)?
Should I run 100 octane or stick to 91?

Murderface

Reaction score
derrick are u running a 668 primaries and 7th inj? if so theres no tune out there for those injectors to be used with front cats(been there done asked Gadget already) If this is the case u will need to reinstall the TRD 425cc injectors, stock intake and exh manis, remove the 7th inj.

Now if u do have all those mods ive listed u could run E85 and leave those primary injectors on and pass smog/just not visual

no ur tune will not work with front cats, u will get P0420 and P0430 cat codes

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
FYI: Also can't "unplug" your X and have them check it before the CEL codes start popping up.

Their system needs to have "history" in your Xs computer.

After hooking the battery back up, your ECU needs to have 40 miles in it before you can smog it. Just found that out last month when I smoged mine for the first time.

Mine has less mods... just swapped the TRD gen 1 intake back to stock intake.
Passed with flying colors!

Good luck! :top:

JFrame

Reaction score
Damn, they are strict over there huh.

Can't even change out intakes?!?!

Last edited:

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
You can, but they have to have a CARB sticker. The TRD Gen 1 is not an approved part.

Rick

And yes CA blows!

off-road taco06

Reaction score
Find someone that can smog it for you with your mods on............................ may have to pay a bit more, but beats the swap hassle.

Toon714

Reaction score
I need to find a ref and pay them side money.
To pass the visual inspection and than pay someone to just pass the smog check.

That process will cost alot if u find the right people to pass it for u.....

butters607

Reaction score
Is it 40 miles or till the monitors set? Also get it nice and hot so that excess unspent fuel will burn off so I've been told

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
668 injectors, DTLT's, X1, AFE II intake, 2.8 pulley is what I got...if I go back to stock for this, my tune will be off, correct?
Gotta pull the blower to swap injectors...?

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Why are they sending you for a smog check? 08 shouldn't require its first smog check for 6 years.

Can XR

Reaction score
Where I live in Canada its the the same thing. Gotta have at least the front cats on to pass.

Murderface

Reaction score
668 injectors, DTLT's, X1, AFE II intake, 2.8 pulley is what I got...if I go back to stock for this, my tune will be off, correct?
Gotta pull the blower to swap injectors...?

Do u have the ECU reflash done? If not pulling the blower, X-1, injectors, intake and headers off and goin back to stock will make it back to stock.

If u do have the ECU reflash u can remove the bigger injectors, intake and headers, leave the blower and then just download a base map from APRPOWER.COM.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
No reflash, X1 with Gadget tune.

THM-I bought it in December of 07, I think it's 5 years.

Of course trying to the least as possible to pass if need be, just looking ahead.

Top Bottom