Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CAI recommendations

Which CAI do u recommend?

• Total voters

nine9six

Reaction score
Coincidently enough.... :laugh:

Some thing will be left out of the "Thanks Chris!!!" thread. :laugh: :laugh:

stockredx

Reaction score
I got the 1st gen TRD and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO better that the stock krappy airbox! Starts better, idles better and hauls ass better. My only engine mod thus far.... :(

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
AsianTaco had a custom cold air intake on his x-runner before he got into an accident ..

mRESPECTe

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. i ordered the 1st gen TRD today through trdsparks. im excited to get it and see how she runs n sounds.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that mine does Kool temps and has been flow tested legitimately and sounds just straight mean. Justin will put pics up tomorrow.

nine9six

Reaction score
Pics will be up tonight. And I'm LOVING it. Mod Day #3 = success!!

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Glad you like it, did you open that throttle anymore. I found needle nose pliers on dining table.

nine9six

Reaction score
Haha I knew I took them out of my truck!

Yeah I rode home the entire way with no radio. :laugh:

/EndThreadJack :smile:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
trd all day everyday...i got the v1 and love it...but i think im gonna get the v2 just for the hell of it...i want to see if there is a difference

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
i loved the urd while it was intact lol.... the freakin scream it makes above 4k rpms is so addictive... every bridge i went under i had to rev and it made driving the truck so much fun again. it was fun when it was stock and then i kinda got used to it and then i put that intake on and it was something new and exciting. ive heard other intakes, trd, modified urd and nothing sounds better than the full urd tcai! gread job urd for making a great product. there will be one going on my new x soo after i get it!

nine9six

Reaction score
I've been meaning to update my thread with info on my intake and the whole 'mod day' in general...but I've been running around non-stop since Friday and haven't had time.

I'll try to get it done today.

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
i just installed the New TRD CAI Model.
it does not use the cone / cylinder type of filter... it uses the flat square type in the air box...
anyone else have this new model? has anyone had both?

Chino

Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade to the TRD i have a off brand right now from ebay.

i just installed the New TRD CAI Model.
it does not use the cone / cylinder type of filter... it uses the flat square type in the air box...
anyone else have this new model? has anyone had both?

Ok may the URD i like the look of the cone:biggrin:

Last edited:

dwayne53

Reaction score
im perfectly happy with my injen cai.....granted i dont know how it holds up to the others but it works:top:

Vandy01

Reaction score
I installed a URD intake on my 2012 last Sunday. I love the sound after 4,500 it screams!! I drove my truck today threw the tropical storm we had here in south west Florida. No problems at all ran like a top!

Top Bottom