Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cams maxed out after XII drop?

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Thats what the guy told me at Firestone. I got the XII street drop this summer and purchased that Firestone Lifetime alignment that they feature.

Got the alignment done in the summer when the new springs settled down a bit. All was good :top:

Got an alignment again the other day and they told me it wouldnt quite go into factory spec, but it wasnt a tire wearing concern, YET!

The tech said the "cams are maxed out" ??:dontknow:

And that if it needs any more adjustment in the future i would have to purchase some "special cams".

I am clueless as to what he was really talking about.

I think it was John (Murderface) that said he didn't have any issues with alignment after his drop and was able to get it in factory spec. Perhaps some of you other guys have some more info as well.

Looks like i may be joining the club with some of you :eviltongue:

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya I've had mine aligned a couple times now with zero issues

justin13703

Reaction score
I also have that drop, never got mine aligned, but a 1.75 inch drop should not be enough to cause issues. I feel like since you bought lifetime alignment and you lowered your truck, they will use that as an excuse to get you to buy something else. I've always had issues with lowered vehicles at Firestone.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
You should go get an alignment, your tires aren't wearing out?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Ask him if they have the "special cams" in their shop and share the part#s if available.
I haven't seen any camber kits for our lowered Xs yet.
Thanks!

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I can post up the alignment numbers from his printout if that would help you guys as far as giving me more feedback.

But yea, i dont get it. 1.75 inches of drop shouldnt be an issue. I will ask for these "special cams" numbers next time i go in.

The tires dont seem to be wearing. He said it wasnt out far enough for them to do so yet.

EDIT: When i go in next time i will not mention this issue to them and see if the next tech who is doing says anything about it. It will be interesting to find out what he says.

justin13703

Reaction score
You should go get an alignment, your tires aren't wearing out?

No, I did the drop about 20,000 miles ago and never got it aligned and the tires are wearing almost evenly. There's a thread on here somewhere where I posted pics of my tread.

burnboy

Reaction score
Just like I said. Can't get camber into spec and chewed my tires. Now I'm stock height with qa1's. may just buy their sway bars and call it a day

CBRBob

Reaction score
the XRs already have the highest 'offset cams' installed.

Depending on your type of driving, you may notice different wear. The factory spec is too wide.
If you do a ton of highway miles, you may get a lot of inside wear. If you drive hard around town alot, you will probably wear them evenly(normally wearing the outside 1st).

It all depends on what you want/need from the truck. You may need to get adjustable upper control arms if you put a lot of mighway miles and need the camber close to zero.

GillMAN

Reaction score
the XRs already have the highest 'offset cams' installed.

Depending on your type of driving, you may notice different wear. The factory spec is too wide.
If you do a ton of highway miles, you may get a lot of inside wear. If you drive hard around town alot, you will probably wear them evenly(normally wearing the outside 1st).

It all depends on what you want/need from the truck. You may need to get adjustable upper control arms if you put a lot of mighway miles and need the camber close to zero.
Do you know of an adjustable upper control arm available.
I saw the SPC kit and was going to buy but apparently only fits 6 lug taco's.
Do you know anyone who has successfully made this kit work?
Thanks

Tokuzo

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they were being shady, this has happened to me with many vehicles in the past. Nothing upper control arms won't fix.

Top Bottom