Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Prices

nukewater

Reaction score
So i looked over the thread about the price of X-R's.. Ranging from like 20 - 25... I stopped by my nearest Toyota dealership and they punched in what i wanted on the computer, and they got the same number i got when i punched it into the computer.. $36788 Out the door...

Does that not seem a touch high.. honestly i dont think it is, i just think that the american prices are much lower..

I wonder what the process is like trying to buy from the states, anyone have any experiences in such? or any opinions on the matter?

XRYDER

Reaction score
The process has gotten a lot harders since more people have been doing it. One thing i do know is that if you buy a Toyota in the US you have to get all warranty work done there. Depending on where you live that can be a real pain in the ass.

hiflyer

Reaction score
fill out your profile so we know where you're at!

Yeah, I know it burns me that there is a $12-14k difference, I just try not to think about it personally or I get really really cheesed!

BlackCat

Reaction score
Are you talking Canadian dollars or US dollars ? What is the exchange rate, anyway ?

nukewater

Reaction score
that is in canadian dollars... xe.com says

$1.00 CAD = $0.9769 USD
$1.00 USD = $1.0236 CAD

$36,788 CAD = $35,938 USD

BlackCat

Reaction score
Hmmm... it's been a while (6-7yrs) since I've been up that far north, I remember the exchange rates being more radical back then. Guess I won't be vacationing in your neck of the woods anytime soon...

JacksonJ

Reaction score
Yes prices are about 10k more in Canada, but a few things to remember. Canada has more Saftey laws then the US. For example, most cars that get imported from the US have to have Front bumpers and Day time running lights installed. There could even be more things that need to be done as well as duty and importing fees.

TacoInvader

Reaction score
I believe that the Canadian XR's have traction control standard which isn't even an option here in the states as far as I know.

Hitman

Reaction score
Hmmm... it's been a while (6-7yrs) since I've been up that far north, I remember the exchange rates being more radical back then. Guess I won't be vacationing in your neck of the woods anytime soon...

I believe cause a dollar here in the U.S. does not have its value as it used to 5-7 years ago.

I say we elect Bill Clinton back in office at least he brought lots of value to the dollar :smile: . I believe that the Euro is close to being worth more

i_ski

Reaction score
Yeah our dollar was even worth more than the American by 5 cents in December, and yet we still pay more for the same truck...

Keep in mind there is no duty on vehicles made in north America, so if you want a Taco you're all good.

This is the site with the info you will need to do it successfully if you wind up going that route. http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

As far as warantee goes... it's my understanding that dealerships have been claiming service must be done in the country of purchase but it's not actually the case they've been saying to discourage people from saving their hard earned money.

hiflyer

Reaction score
I don't think Canadian trucks have traction control ;)

06's anyhow ...

Last edited:

i_ski

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they came out with on the 08 models just like the US models

TacoInvader

Reaction score
I don't think Canadian trucks have traction control ;)

Hmm, i know I remember someone on here saying theirs had traction control.. lemme look.

Edit: I guess it is an option on our trucks. I just remembered wrong

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Hmm, i know I remember someone on here saying theirs had traction control.. lemme look.

Edit: I guess it is an option on our trucks. I just remembered wrong

Yeah, i think it was an option on either the 06 or 07+ trucks. :top:

thunderkat1

Reaction score
I didn't even get traction control as an option from the dealer. I don't think it's offered in canada. Can't find it on the website.

Top Bottom