Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Car cover for the XR?

HiTek21

Reaction score
Does anyone here use a car cover on their XR? I've never bought one before so I don't really know what to look for. Looking for something to protect it from the sun since I don't have a garage but I know some of those cheap covers don't take UV well and will end up falling apart or it'll absorb water / dust and scratch the hell the paint.

I saw a couple of cover crafts on autogeek but they're pretty expensive. I guess if it will help protect the XR it might be worth it. Anyone got any advice?

itawes

Reaction score
Car Cover

Get the one from Cover King. You can order it online from Costco online. Reflects heat and is waterproof for at least the first year or so.

Chasbo

Reaction score
This is the car cover I use. I got it with a decent discount from this site (search for coupon codes). I've had is since early January.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A1516A0A0A3255354.aspx

It is custom made for my truck so it fits like a glove. Been through several storms and held up nicely. A bit pricey compared to others but you get what you pay for.

edit: Dallas, we posted pretty much the exact same description lol

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Just MY opinion...it'll end up scratching the shiznit out of ur paint.:thumpdown:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I was shopping for a car cover a couple years ago. The scenario that made me change my mind is...

What happens if when I park it's really nice outside, then when I come outside, I have to stand in the rain to unwrap my truck? I'm more of a sprint-to-the-car-and-hop-in kind of guy :laugh:

What if I forget something in the car/glovebox/center console? Once again have to unwrap (at least partially) to get inside.

What if there's an emergency and I need to hop in & GO?

I would use it if maybe I was going out of town or if I didn't drive the truck often, but on a DD I couldn't justify it.

Dallas

Reaction score
I use mine for indoor storage, keeps all the dust off it.

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
I had a cover for my last truck. I never had it scratch the paint. I bought a "Noah" cover from California Car Covers. They are very nice and last a long time.

Rick

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Car capsules FTW...u might not see them but I assure u the scratches are there. Dust particles + friction=scratches...can't argue with that.

THE TICOMAN

Reaction score
IMG_0001-2.jpg

COVERCRAFT / NOAH MATERIAL....LOVE IT....

COVER1.jpg

:rock::rock:

Last edited:

cbr264

Reaction score
Get the one from Cover King. You can order it online from Costco online. Reflects heat and is waterproof for at least the first year or so.

:top:......................

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
I have a cover craft custom cover for our car. It's for garage use primarily to keep dust off the car but cover craft has other covers for outdoor use.

XKruiser

Reaction score
I bought a 4-ply cover off of Ebay a couple of years ago. I think the seller was "brightpicks". It was a good fit but I had to keep it strapped down since I kept it outside and didn't want the cover the blow away. It did collect dust tho and I noticed some small scratches after a few months of use.

2010BSPxrunner808

Reaction score
Does anyone here use a car cover on their XR? I've never bought one before so I don't really know what to look for. Looking for something to protect it from the sun since I don't have a garage but I know some of those cheap covers don't take UV well and will end up falling apart or it'll absorb water / dust and scratch the hell the paint.

I saw a couple of cover crafts on autogeek but they're pretty expensive. I guess if it will help protect the XR it might be worth it. Anyone got any advice?

i have a cover for my x and its good it protects the car from scratches, sun, and its waterproof and i got it for around 360.00 dollars with shipping and i also added the storage bag and lock but there's cheaper ones than the one i got.

i got mines from carcoversdirect.com
i hope this helps.

Chino

Reaction score
I would love a truck cover this pollen season sucks i have to spray the truck down everyday:motz:

Oklahoman06RR

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a cover that would possibly protect from hail damage? Anybody who lives in OK,TX and KS know what I am talking about. lol

Top Bottom