Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carbon wrap my whole truck? yes or no?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
...or spray it with bedliner!

2012-Toyota-Ultimate-Motocross-Truck-Front-Side-800x533.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
Doing the whole truck will look fantastic or look like crap. It is a risky mod.

I though Alex doing the flat black textured paint job would come out bad, but it came out looking great.

If it is possible to peal that stuff back off if you do not like it without wrecking the paint, I would say do it!!

G

5000XD

Reaction score
The longer it stays on there the biiger your chances it will wreck the paint. A risk I would not take.

theduck911

Reaction score
It's definitely something interesting to consider. I'm trying to find the pics I have of one of the cars at SEMA that was completely wrapped, lo oked good but I don't really know how well it would hold up from day to day driving (around the rocker panels, etc)

I'd get a few different people to photoshop you truck first to see what you think then proceed from there.

Also have a really reputable shop do it, and maybe clay bar it the day before or so, to insure there is nothing trapped between the paint and wrap making it easier to take off if need be.:top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
Doing the whole truck will look fantastic or look like crap. It is a risky mod.

I though Alex doing the flat black textured paint job would come out bad, but it came out looking great.

If it is possible to peal that stuff back off if you do not like it without wrecking the paint, I would say do it!!

G

my thought also was taking it off and having the paint peel with it.... then you have to think about the door jams and under hood.... would it look good when you open your doors and hood? or would it say BAM look at these two colors crash and burn... shiny silver in odd places...

i would say maybe wrap some more things on the outside and see what happens from there...

your color breaks look GREAT as it is... you could probably do the hood and still have a bad a$$ looking truck..

to me it will be hit or miss.:hmmmm2:. the thought is a killer idea..

xrgilly

Reaction score
I've seen it on a car at a car show lookeds sick imo, id do it

gunner76137

Reaction score
Wrap it in this!!!! . I thought about doing this on my truck
redcarbonfiber.jpg

Toon714

Reaction score
thx for the feedbacks guys!
ive been calling around to do the wrap and do like all the door jams and lil small area to make it look cleaner.
it will cost close to 4k. and about a lil over 3k for just the outside.
i think ill hold off. 4k is too much for a wrap job.

and i dont have the balls to wrap my truck myself lol.
i just end up throwing money away.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
yeah..lets put that into the Turbos.....oops...lmao...j/k into the truck..Or kouki...

xrunrob

Reaction score
off topic but is that your dog toon714? if so those r awesome dogs. i had one but had no choice and had to sell her. miss the hell out of that dog.

But anyway i dont think a full wrap will look that great, but to each his own, and 4gs, you can get a really nice paint job for that.

Toon714

Reaction score
off topic but is that your dog toon714? if so those r awesome dogs. i had one but had no choice and had to sell her. miss the hell out of that dog.

But anyway i dont think a full wrap will look that great, but to each his own, and 4gs, you can get a really nice paint job for that.

yes sir. thats my 3 yr old miniature english bull terrier. aka chino :laugh:
ya they are great dogs! just like 3yr old child! always gets into things/trouble.
there all play 24/7. lol

ya i think 4k is insane for some vinyl wrapping. lol
4k i rather do more go fast mods. :rockon:

xrunrob

Reaction score
awesome, same i used to have a mini her name was penny. when my ex and i split i had to sell her. i was woking 60-70 hours a week and couldnt give her the proper attention. i used to put her in her steel kenel everynight since she was crate trained till she ripped all the bars off of it. very strong dogs. i want another but they r so expensive

but for sure go fast parts first be for a wrap. lol

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
OK.....well.. I will refrain but why is it that people always leave those tire stickers on....Is it a new thing like people leaving the tags on there close?

xrunrob

Reaction score
Ugh. Poor camaro. Not my cup of tea but whatever lol.

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
That's 1 way to wreck a nice camaro.

Top Bottom