Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

catch can filter

Baggins44

Reaction score
Do you need to have a filter on a catch can or does it really not matter?

Thanks

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen some people stick steel wool inside the can just to give the oil vapors something to cling to!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
A filter itself is not necessary. As for steel wool, that wouldn't be the safest material to use to catch the oil. Just in case of the worst case scenario that the wool comes loose and goes into the motor. A scrub pad material is a better choice.

Another option would be to add a piece of metal as a shield for the oil to hit and collect on, while the air goes around.

Baggins44

Reaction score
^add a piece of metal where? And do I just put the scrub pad in the can It's self?

Thanks for the info guys :blurock:

Last edited:

RMCO

Reaction score
^add a piece of metal where? And do I just put the scrub pad in the can It's self?

Thanks for the info guys :blurock:

Not necessarily just tossed in the can itself, but in the path of the air flow as it flows into and through the can. Think of the can as just a reservoir and the scrub pad/metal screen as an element for the vapors to contact and condense onto. Oil vapors condense on the screen and fall into the can, "catching" them before being cycled back into your intake.

Coupe

Reaction score
I bought an ebay catch can and added a baffle to create a treacherous pan for the oil vapor.

super087.jpg

super085.jpg

I also installed mine in a unique position, in front of the driver's front tire.
super008.jpg

This makes it convenient to drain, when changing the oil.

Clewis333

Reaction score
I have the TTC catch can, but i have no idea where to install it...
Help?:smile:

Clewis333

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything about the catch can. checked TTC forum... tried searching.

Baggins44

Reaction score
Do I need a filter on it. I was gonna run a small filter with scouring pad in it just outside the can.

Emanon

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything about the catch can. checked TTC forum... tried searching.

If you go thru the thread, starting around page 4, there are multiple people who posted installed pics.

Top Bottom