Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Check Engine Light override?

itsdesignateddave

Reaction score
I've had the check engine light on since I bought my Xrunner and have pulled the same codes over and over. Its because it doesn't have all the O2 sensors installed with the DTLT headers. Anyone know of how to remedy this? I know its running fine, it's just annoying to have the dash light on all the time... and I don't want to use electrical tape over the light. lol

dramad1

Reaction score
Get new sensors and maybe an 02 sim. That can't be good for your x

itsdesignateddave

Reaction score
The headers delete some of the o2 sensors. It's running fine as I had the emissions checked to see if it was running rich or lean due to that. What I would need short of drilling and tapping another set of holes for the o2 sensors is something that bypasses that reading. Anyone out there have these same headers?

dramad1

Reaction score
itsdesignateddave said:
The headers delete some of the o2 sensors. It's running fine as I had the emissions checked to see if it was running rich or lean due to that. What I would need short of drilling and tapping another set of holes for the o2 sensors is something that bypasses that reading. Anyone out there have these same headers?

I had these headers and sold them to Sdxrunner. The sensor screw right in before the second set of cats. Do you have the newer or older ones? I'll let others chime in. But if you have no sensors In there and an open hole I wouldn't be driving it around. Hope I'm misunderstanding you and you have the older gen. In that case someone with more knowledge would have to chime in.

redarkx

Reaction score
I think an o2 sim will help. Check with urd though for sure.

JetJockey

Reaction score
Can't it be reset with a scan tool?

And actually I meant "turned off" with a scan tool?

Last edited:

indyxr

Reaction score
Can't it be reset with a scan tool?

And actually I meant "turned off" with a scan tool?
he can delete the trouble code with the scan tool but the Check Engine Light will still come on everytime he starts the engine untill he either bypasses the o2 sensor or hooks it up somehow..... it was said above to check with URD, i would deffinetly shoot them an email.... they know what they are doing!! :top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
If you physically removed the sensors you did something wrong. You need all 4 sensors installed and functioning properly for the truck to run correctly. DTLT headers do not require removing any sensors.
Now if the sensors are still there, like they should be, you will still get CEL codes because you removed the cats. To fix this issue get the URD O2 sensor simulator. This will keep the computer seeing everything it needs to from those sensors, but it won't throw the CEL anymore.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I've had the check engine light on since I bought my Xrunner and have pulled the same codes over and over. Its because it doesn't have all the O2 sensors installed with the DTLT headers. Anyone know of how to remedy this? I know its running fine, it's just annoying to have the dash light on all the time... and I don't want to use electrical tape over the light. lol

Where are you located?

itsdesignateddave

Reaction score
I will double check later this week, but I was pretty sure they must be the older generation with only 2 o2 sensors. I know one of them had a block off in it, and the other one was installed, leaving one zip tied to an aftermarket harness of some type. Either way I'm going to have to crawl under it and take some pics if I can't figure it out. Sounds like either way i'm going to have to buy those sensor overrides.

I am located in NE Kansas, near Kansas City.

Top Bottom