Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch feels different

BLUE X

Reaction score
:hmmmm2: has anyones clutch feel any different. i seen an 08 yesterday and somehow the clutch was softer and less noisy. what should i do?

BLUE X

Reaction score
well sometimes it feels kind of hard like if is miisng oil or something

fuseaku

Reaction score
Dude, I've told the dealership about my squeaky clutch pedal the last 3 times I've brought it in for an oil change and the damn thing still squeaks! (has squeaked since day 1). I don't know what else to do about it! :argh:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
after 20 runs down the track friday night, my clutch is a just a wee bit stinky now. but its pretty much gona away. but even with the wear that it received the other night, its still strong. but since ive gotten the truck, ive always had a good pedal. havent noticed what others have described such as a low pedal or squeaky clutch. although my pedals pad makes some noise sometimes.

BLUE X

Reaction score
als sometimes i feel it kinda of week too. or to long

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Dude, I've told the dealership about my squeaky clutch pedal the last 3 times I've brought it in for an oil change and the damn thing still squeaks! (has squeaked since day 1). I don't know what else to do about it! :argh:

I did what TacoTurbo did and it took all of 10 seconds and my truck hasn't squeaked since:

TacoTurbo:
Aloha guys. I think this might help. I've had the creaky clutch before. I work for Toyota and the first repair under the TSB lasted for about 6 months. The creak came back worse than ever. I think I found the problem and solution. The clutch pedal arm is a composite (plastic) material and the pivot point on the plunger shaft mates in the back. What I've noticed is that over time the shaft has a tendency to rotate alittle, enough so that the pivot point binds and causes a creak that is heard and felt in the pedal as it's depressed. Mine creaked and vibrated on the first initial travel of 1 1/2 to 2 inches. All I did was to rotate (center) the shaft untill it felt like it was in the pocket again. Squeak, creak and vibration is gone. The cure was instant and has not returned for 2 months now. As an experiment I rotated the shaft as if it was out of line and the creak returned. To me the problem is identified and solved on my X. Try this it may work and save you a trip to the dealer. BTW, I didn't lube the pivot at all. I hope this helps. The creaky cluch drove me nuts!

Top Bottom