Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clutch squeak is getting fixed

lucke

Reaction score
brought my truck in for an oil change today and told them that the clutch is squeaking like crazy. told the service tech that i know there is a TSB about this, and so they're ordering the part to fix my squeaky clutch:rock:

for all you in OC, this was at Power Toyota in Irvine... they've been so much better than the dealership i got the truck from.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
got mine fixed at longo ... the only bad expierence i had was when they tried to make me buy new brakes and rotors ... turned out i just needed new brakes ... that got me pissed ... walked out there with a free service and injector service :top:

XDsm

Reaction score
Hmmm I need to do this and I don't want to take my truck to Power Buena Park. After the last time where they scratched the hell out of my radio trim pieces then returned it as nothing happened. I'd prefer to go elsewhere. Irvine and Longo are hella far though:frown:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
they scratched the hell out of my radio trim pieces then returned it as nothing happened.:frown:

The exact same thing happened to me but in tx.:thumpdown: I was pissed and all they did was put some paint on it

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because of the heat, mine has really been acting up the last week or two. I need to take it in... just a PITA.

lucke

Reaction score
Irvine and Longo are hella far though:frown:
i'd much rather drive a little bit for FAR better service and professionalism (and people that speak english) than take it right across the street and get crappy service though.:dontknow:

lucke

Reaction score
Title:
CLUTCH PEDAL SQUEAK NOISE

Models:
'05 - '06 Tacoma

Introduction

Some customers may complain about a "squeak" or "creak" noise when depressing or releasing the clutch pedal. The clutch master cylinder clevis assembly has been improved to eliminate this condition.

Applicable Vehicles:^ 2005 - 2006 model year Tacoma vehicles equipped with manual transmission and produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VIN shown below

Production Change Information

Warranty Information

Applicable Warranty:

This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.

* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
i got that fixed about a year ago too but never removed the squeeking noise that comes from the engine or transmission... I am assuming is the actual clutch because when I press the clutch pedal is goues away, if I am on neutral.. you'll here it the most. I could never proof that at the dealership:motz:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i got that fixed about a year ago too but never removed the squeeking noise that comes from the engine or transmission... I am assuming is the actual clutch because when I press the clutch pedal is goues away, if I am on neutral.. you'll here it the most. I could never proof that at the dealership:motz:

That sounds like a bad throwout bearing :dontknow:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Hmmm I need to do this and I don't want to take my truck to Power Buena Park. After the last time where they scratched the hell out of my radio trim pieces then returned it as nothing happened. I'd prefer to go elsewhere. Irvine and Longo are hella far though:frown:

hey nigel why dont you go to Penske ... i heard that ceasar knows the guy there and he does a good job ... my friend robert (other blue x next to me at HB Meet) he likes the service guy to ... if u want me to find out a name let me know :top:

XDsm

Reaction score
hey nigel why dont you go to Penske ... i heard that ceasar knows the guy there and he does a good job ... my friend robert (other blue x next to me at HB Meet) he likes the service guy to ... if u want me to find out a name let me know :top:

Downey? Hmmm might do that. I bought my truck there. Find out the guy's name if you can please so I know who to see.

Pete

Reaction score
I thought I'd pass along my clutch fix since it seems to be a common problem. I think finding the cause is such a pain because its so hard to get down under the dash and see whats going on! Anyhow after spraying different lubricants on the springs and pivot mechanisms it would be ok for about a day but the noise would come back. So I'm down under there again and notice there is grease near the piston that pushes on the back of the pedal. I move it around with my finger and there was no improvement. So I lift the pedal up and push the grease underneath and low and behold she is finally silent! I sure hope it lasts too because I've about lost my patience. You would think a company with Toyota's reputation they could engineer a clutch pedal. Its been 3 days with absolute silence.

martinez

Reaction score
Glad you posted that Pete. I was about to ask about a home remedy. I've got 44,000 on the clock and didn't want to pay dealer prices from what i can tell is more annoying than causing damage.

XDsm

Reaction score
So was your clutch pedal issue resolved Brian?

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Nigel take it in ... and trust ... your clutch will feel good as new :top:

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
I got the Clutch TSB done some time ago and haven't heard a peep from it since.:rock:

lucke

Reaction score
as an update on this... i got this done before the last meet and i've realized that in the month since getting this done, i have not slipped/ground any gears (even that pesky 2nd gear grind after a hard shift).

XDsm

Reaction score
I rotated the shaft above the clutch pedal and haven't heard a peep since from my clutch. Quiet and smooth even in the warmest of temperatures.

Top Bottom