Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

coilsprings

bartkwan

Reaction score
daym man, if they can come through with this, ill get it for sure, i just want to know what brand springs and shocks are they going to use or if its going to be there own in house parts, also is the handling going to improve and how much bumpier is the ride going to be

Matt's06

Reaction score
Sounds cool....I would get a 1" drop springs in the front for mine...that way I can put it on my sos drop in the front that way I can have a 2 1/2 instead of the 3" in the front like the DJM..I would think that the .5 would make a difference..:dontknow:

I don't think that would work out to good. I don't know about you, but I already bottom out the front of mine with SOS. Adding 1" to that would not be good news. Plus the geometry would be all screwed up and they would probably not be able to allign it.

CBRBob

Reaction score
I would say as long as it's able to be aligned at 2", the spring rate should go up about 10%. The stock shocks will be fine although better(adjustable) ones would be nice.

Organic Mechanic

Reaction score
FYI, the C2C and JDM kit do not affect the shock travel, shock travel is very important to maintaining ride and shock life.

droping an inch may not harm it, but I wouldnt got much past that.

as far as handling, the C2C with a relocated upper A arm or the JDM will give the best results.

The SOS or drop springs will not affect handling too much, but the reduced shock travel can, and should be avoided.

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Well I placed my order today for new 2" drop coils for the X. I increased the spring rate by 10%. The coils are in house and are made from 9254K Premium grade stock. He said they will improve handeling, reduce bodyroll and should be able to realign within specs. I will be able to use the Bilstiens but may opt for a nice adjustable shock. For $186 its worth a shot. Lead time is 3 weeks so I'll let you know the results then. I'm pretty excited to finally lower the X, this will be a looong 3 weeks. :rock:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Well I placed my order today for new 2" drop coils for the X. I increased the spring rate by 10%. The coils are in house and are made from 9254K Premium grade stock. He said they will improve handeling, reduce bodyroll and should be able to realign within specs. I will be able to use the Bilstiens but may opt for a nice adjustable shock. For $186 its worth a shot. Lead time is 3 weeks so I'll let you know the results then. I'm pretty excited to finally lower the X, this will be a looong 3 weeks. :rock:

Nice man...but could they also make 1" drop springs as well....I need to do this bad!! That way I can get the djm 3" drop in the rear with the mini c-notch. :rock:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Nice man...but could they also make 1" drop springs as well....I need to do this bad!! That way I can get the djm 3" drop in the rear with the mini c-notch. :rock:

I don't see why that would be a problem. Give him a call Mon., his name is Kevin @ 785-437-2025. Tell him you have a X-Runner, he seemed to know about them, said he didn't see too many of them around.

I would suggest to you, don't do it...

I"m already jealous of your truck as it is.:laugh:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
I don't see why that would be a problem. Give him a call Mon., his name is Kevin @ 785-437-2025. Tell him you have a X-Runner, he seemed to know about them, said he didn't see too many of them around.

I would suggest to you, don't do it...

I"m already jealous of your truck as it is.:laugh:

:laugh: Thanks...I dunno...it's not dropped enough..but the DJM 3" drop in the front and the 4" in the rear is way too crazy for me.

That's why I hope to accomplish a 2 1/2 in the front and a 3" in the rear. :rock: and almost be slammed...just almost.

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking 2" in the front and 3" blocks in the rear, no notch but SlamAir kit to adjust level when driving. Just can't see cutting into the frame.

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking 2" in the front and 3" blocks in the rear, no notch but SlamAir kit to adjust level when driving. Just can't see cutting into the frame.

I know what you mean....But I got to do it! :laugh:

Jonathan

Reaction score

you wont even fit three inch blocks with out a notch, better yet be able to drive it. seriously, go check.

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Jon, I'll go with 2" blocks w/ SlamAir. I haul trailers and would hate to bottom out. Hopfully I won't need the notches, will see.

Top Bottom