Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cold air intake

gorham05

Reaction score
I want to know what the most kick ass cold air intake is. is their any certain ones that anyone knows will give me the most power. please somone let me know. there are to many to choose from.

gorham05

Reaction score
do i have to do any mods to the truck so it will fit

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
i have URD and love it, noticed a bit of a difference from the K&N intake i had, it's all about personal choice and what you want to do. Some will argue that some are better than other's.

just a little cutting of some sheet metal, but nothing big

gorham05

Reaction score
have yall heard anything about injen cold air intakes. how much hp and torque do they normally give you.

rich017

Reaction score
do i have to do any mods to the truck so it will fit

You will have to cut off your MAF sensor and solder in extension wires. Then cut a hole through the metal next to your radiator. It is all very easy and it comes with everything to make it look clean. You can't even tell that I cut my wires cause it is wrapped like stock.

have yall heard anything about injen cold air intakes. how much hp and torque do they normally give you.

URD gives you 15 or 18. Sucks in outside air cause it's behind the grill too

gorham05

Reaction score
when you put the urd on could you tell a big difference or what?

rich017

Reaction score
Not really cause it's not a lot of extra power. After all it is just in intake. But throttle response feels better and I can feel a little more power. And at WOT it screams and people look.

gorham05

Reaction score
i got about $350 i want to use on my truck performance. You got any ideas what would be the best investment

rich017

Reaction score
well you could get the URD intake and the MAF sensor calibrator. Or you could get an exhaust like the jardine for $272 (best exhaust I have heard on the X). The best cheap mod you could do is the Doug Thorley Long tube headers for about $500.

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
save a little more and get headers...the DTLT (doug thorley long tube) headers.

rich017

Reaction score
save a little more and get headers...the DTLT (doug thorley long tube) headers.

:dito: Best performance mod besides the S/C. The headers will also prepare you for the S/C when you get that:biggrin:

Troskey

Reaction score
not to thread jack or anything...but how long have you been in WR?

i'm actually from WR...and i'll be back home next weekend...always good to see another XR owner back at home...i've carded 1 or 2 while i was home...but i dont think they ever got on here...

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
He is totally correct about the URD intake... other than the TRD one that is :):top: stick with factory made baby... can't go wrong when toyota built it

My clutch blew apart with 2412 miles on it. :laugh:

(I know mistakes happen, but even the Yota boys aren't perfect. :p)

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya TRD FTW!!! No need to cut the MAF sensor and it too screams at WOT. URD has a great product, I just didn't like the idea of cutting any factory wiring. Very happy with my purchase.....go TRD!!

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
Ya TRD FTW!!! No need to cut the MAF sensor and it too screams at WOT. URD has a great product, I just didn't like the idea of cutting any factory wiring. Very happy with my purchase.....go TRD!!

amen sister!!!! :rock:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
He is totally correct about the URD intake... other than the TRD one that is :):top: stick with factory made baby... can't go wrong when toyota built it

did you ever driver a 89-95 automatic 4runner with the 3.0L :puke::thumpdown:

what a turd.....

the only Toyota that I would never...ever own. I mean come on. 4.88 rear gears from the factory, that had to tell you something.

The URD intake is a very nice unit. I think the others are a toss up since they are pretty much the same design, with slight difference in the tubing

Justin

Top Bottom