Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Composite leaf+1.75in block?

Mr.X

Reaction score
I plan on going DJM soon and wanted to keep my Mono leaf and just add the 1.5 or 1.75in block.
Has anyone done this I'd like to know the Pros Vs. Cons on my idea.

My plan is to order the front DJM and the Qa1 have a custom c-notch

i hope i can get some helpful feedback on my question thanks ahead of time

-Steven

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
It should work I thought about doing the same thing .You'll have to go back the stock sized coils up front ,sittin' sic has an upgrade for the stock coils . Just cut the blocks down to 1.75in ...

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
If you cut the frame, you will not be able to certified the X if you ever want to sell it in the future.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not 100% that it will work as the block will create a dead zone under the axle for flex which could lead to premature cracking around the blocks, Shane and flexaform don't recommend it and I believe if you do it it will void your warrenty. To get way from such a large block when going djm I would look into the prerunner steel leafs. Apparently a member on CT swapped them into his x and achieved a 1.75 drop. My details are shaky on that tunedx is more upbeat with te swap.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^thats not true, u can use blocks with the leafs but u just have to make sure there's no chance of hyper flexing them.

rexrunner

Reaction score
I would think thry would snap overtime due to the leverage

micpun

Reaction score
ive been running this setup for easily over a year now. i guess the only con I would say is that I wouldnt reccomend towing with it. i know some people do on their composites but i guess i just get a little ocd thinking about how low it is plus the extra weight, but i know they would be fine. i really just dont want to take the chance of hyper flexing it but i do put a lot of stuff in the back all the time. 80 pieces of fence wood boards once and about 10 bags of 50lb concrete on a couple other occassions. At the first tex-fest grumps had like 10 people in the back and the composites were solid and he runs with qa-1's but no blocks. if you do go that route tho. make sure you get bigger bumpstop. Blastap has some pics of some that he made. I just used like 10 washers stacked on each other.

Grumpy

Reaction score
MicPun has been running SS CL wtih chopped steel angle blocks for quite sometime now, no problem.

Edit: beat me to the punch lol
Being that low with full suspension upgrade = stuck like glue!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to know! With enough knowledge here the right answer was bound to pop up! :top:

czar_dom

Reaction score
Im running the ss composite with a 1 inch block from beef taco and qa1. No notch. I bottom out from time to time buts its not bad. Heard from Phil and Shane not to notch the rear as it will crack the leafs. You could prob put the 1.75 block but it'll bottom out all the time with no notch. Could always just get the notch with a longer bump stop like micpin said and see what happens.

darthyota

Reaction score
you could also do a custom notch that isnt as deep as the djm notch

Mr.X

Reaction score
you could also do a custom notch that isnt as deep as the djm notch

i am doing a custom c-notch for sure so if i dont get it as deep as the DJM that would be better so it doesnt "hyper flex"?

ive been running this setup for easily over a year now. i guess the only con I would say is that I wouldnt reccomend towing with it. i know some people do on their composites but i guess i just get a little ocd thinking about how low it is plus the extra weight, but i know they would be fine. i really just dont want to take the chance of hyper flexing it but i do put a lot of stuff in the back all the time. 80 pieces of fence wood boards once and about 10 bags of 50lb concrete on a couple other occassions. At the first tex-fest grumps had like 10 people in the back and the composites were solid and he runs with qa-1's but no blocks. if you do go that route tho. make sure you get bigger bumpstop. Blastap has some pics of some that he made. I just used like 10 washers stacked on each other.

ive had my mono leafs on for 2years now i never really haul anything but any where we go my friends always hang out on my bed and they are heavy guys i dont have any cracks and i will be running Qa1s from the getgo when i put a block on my mono leafs

Good to know! With enough knowledge here the right answer was bound to pop up! :top:

Im running the ss composite with a 1 inch block from beef taco and qa1. No notch. I bottom out from time to time buts its not bad. Heard from Phil and Shane not to notch the rear as it will crack the leafs. You could prob put the 1.75 block but it'll bottom out all the time with no notch. Could always just get the notch with a longer bump stop like micpin said and see what happens.

can you post a picture what was the over all drop?

Mr.X

Reaction score
where is the cheapest place to get Qa1s???

Top Bottom