Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Composite leaf springs and traction bars

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Well I went for it. I should have these in hand within 14-17 days and will give ya'll some feed back. I paid $750 for this setup shipped. The owner of this company is named Mark and is very informative. I hope this goes well. This setup should make this truck 65-75 lbs. lighter while improving the ride and handling. And you can even adjust the torsion on the traction bars. So far I am liking everything that I am hearing about these products. http://www.flex-a-form.com/products.asp

rich017

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to buy them. Tell us all how they are:top:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
I wonder if this limits what you can haul in the back of the truck. I would be worried about breaking them under load. Let us know the detail. What is the weight limit. Our truck is too light in the back already with the composite bed. Sounds crazy. Keep us informed.

Shanes56

Reaction score
Nice I am awaiting mine as well, How low did you go for the drop?

joman

Reaction score
i am not too famliar with the xr suspension so i am still learning and reading about it everyday.
so as far as your purchase this setup is basically a suspension setup to increase handling? this does not lowering the trcuk right? this setup sounds interesting i would like to have a review from you, quality etc etc you know the deal.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if this limits what you can haul in the back of the truck. I would be worried about breaking them under load. Let us know the detail. What is the weight limit. Our truck is too light in the back already with the composite bed. Sounds crazy. Keep us informed. I am probably the best candidate for the load test. In the summer time I haul up to 600lbs. These leafs are stronger than steel. :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Nice I am awaiting mine as well, How low did you go for the drop?
Shane, Mark is going to give me a 3" drop. He also wants me to measure the leaf to verify some things. Let me know what happens. I will keep ya informed.

Shanes56

Reaction score
Poly Blocks as well to compensate for what they cant give in the leaf?

Shane, Mark is going to give me a 3" drop. He also wants me to measure the leaf to verify some things. Let me know what happens. I will keep ya informed.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
With the 3" drop leaf springs, you still have to notch the frame correct??

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
With the 3" drop leaf springs, you still have to notch the frame correct??
Yes unless you like riding a bucking bronco. I did the rear DJM kit. (notch) and am very happy I did so. There is a shop here in Dallas that did it in under 2 hours. Now I can go 4 wheelin without bottoming out!! :laugh:

Top Bottom