Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

? Concerning Tuning the Urd FTC

MXXN

Reaction score
This is quick and dirty but what i got going on is my truck has started to run about a point leaner then previously while under boost. It seems to be running about .4 of a point richer will at idle and under normal driving.

What changed...well I hooked up to the FTC, created a new customer and pulled the current map. I just eyed over it and then burnt it back to the FTC. Now instead of running under boost around 11.3-11.5 on my XD I am running more around 12.3-12.8. Under part throttle boost I am more in the area I need to be.

A couple question based off of the U-tune guide.

1. When setting up your settings your instructed to choose programmable signal calibrator not aux. injector. Is this correct for the URD SC system? I got to second guessing myself since i had made adjustments back at the beginning of the summer and got the result I was looking for. I save that map and I am sure I used sig calibrator as my selection but then started second guessing myself that maybe that was for the Maf calibrator.

2. Poking around it looks like I can do an output test of Inj A and Injector B I was wonder if its a pulse test or if it will be a constant that you can use a digi multimeter to test to verify output. If it s a pulse I will acquire an LED test light depending on the pulse speed a dig multi meter might not pick it up fast enuff.

3 Looks like you can shut off the aux injectors. Is there a way to see if it is "on" thru the R4 controller software? I would guess Inj. A would be used on the URD set up?

4 Looks like the u tune guide was based of the TRD Blower for the 5vz. I received my FTC with the entire vacuum fields set to "0" rather then closer to the recommend "10" area and ajusted from there. My fuel trims are exceptable but could be a lil better. My boost field starts at .5psi at .4 value and increase approx .5 of a point up thru the boost range. At 7psi I am at a 7value, 7.5psi a 7.5 value. I wounder how this compares with others?

After the lean issues I started inputting higher values in small increments. Half a point should make a difference. I then jumped 2 full points just to get extreme. I burnt the maps back to the system both times and neither gave me any differences. I am still to lean. I am only a point leaner and i thought that under boost (say7psi) the truck wouldnt keep up that well if the aux inj wasn't firing. It seams like the injector isnt working. Fuel PSi is normal and I couldn't find any intake leaks. I am pulling about 21-22" of vacuum at idle

I'll leave it at this and take any input I can get.

Gadget

Reaction score
First you have to figure out what Performance Calibration Unit you have installed in your truck.

Next you have to tune following the correct version of the U-Tune Guide.

Since you are talking about injector control, my guess is that you have a URD AIC/Timing Calibrator. If that is the case here is the correct version of the U-Tune Guide for you to reference:

www.GadgetOnline.com/u-tune-aic.pdf

When all else fails, you should contact URD Tech Support. I think the good folks there would be the very best at helping you out.

Gadget

Last edited:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
First you have to figure out what Performance Calibration Unit you have installed in your truck.

Next you have to tuning following the correct version of the U-Tune Guide.

Since you are talking about injector control, my guess is that you have a URD AIC/Timing Calibrator. If that is the case here is the correct version of the U-Tune Guide for you to reference:

www.GadgetOnline.com/u-tune-aic.pdf

When all else fails, you should contact URD Tech Support. I think the good folks there would be the very best at helping you out.

Gadget

Don't believe him. Tech support just forwards you to some guy in India, can barely understand him. Plus the hold times are abyssmal. :biggrin:

MXXN

Reaction score
Thanks Gadget, I called in and spoke with Roger, he was nice and was working on an issue I had with shipping of an item after my oil cooler line for the Rotrex split and left me sit along the road with a truck covered in 100.00 a bottle oil. I asked him some questions and he felt I better talk to you as he seemed unsure. I had a feeling the U-tune guide was incorrect for my application and yes I do have the AIC controller.

I will be sure to contact you with any further question. I know URD is always helping us Tacoma guys out. I wasn't able to leave my number on the tech help line since I knew I wouldn't be able to receive any calls the rest of the night. I thru it up here knowing that someone would help out.

Gadget

Reaction score
You can always call ANYTIME for URD Tech Support.

The computer will not ring my phone after midnight, but it will take a voice mail. That voicemail gets forwarded several different places as well as my cell phone. I am usually up late working on stuff and if I get your voice mail I usually call you right back.

So, if you need URD Tech Support, contact URD Tech Support. Posting on the forum is only likely going to delay getting the help you need.

Gadget

MXXN

Reaction score
LOL I know you are on top of it! I can get away with using the computer at work easier then my cell;)

The proper manual makes all the difference. I will be calling later this week if I still have question. I gotta get my late moms house ready for settlement on Tuesday and then on with my life and $poiling my truck. Can't wait.

Thanks Again!

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Tech Support is always avaialable MXXN I think I call Gadget alot and well he always gets me heading in the right direction:)

ntinhri

Reaction score
yup tech support has always been there for me

Top Bottom