Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coupe Memorial Day Shifter Sale

Coupe

Reaction score
To start off, if you put an URD SS or a NST SS on a stock OEM shifter, it is a little harder to put ino reverse. The stock shifter is 11". As the shifter lever gets shorter, there is LESS leverage so it take more grunt to put it into reverse.

I usually preach the "slap" method for putting the shifter into reverse. Slap the shifter while moving into the reverse direction. It may take a few days to get the rhythm down. It sounds silly, but it works.

If you try to just shift into reverse, you need a pretty large biceps/triceps.

If your wife or gf drives the truck, I would go with the 9 1/2" version. My wife had no problem driving the 9 1/2" version and she did learn the slap method.

The shorter the shifter arm, the shorter the throws. The trade off is it takes more force to do it. I have not measured the actual throw on 8 1/2".

This pic shows an 8 1/2" shifter installed.

mods034.jpg

sinister07

Reaction score
Just got my 8 1/2" coupe shifter today :blurock: anyway I snapped a pic for people who want to see what they look like compared to a stock one... I was interrupted by my screaming 4 month old about 2 min before I could put the console back together but I will get some more pics later. Thanks coupe!!! I will send out your core tomorrow. Side note this thing feels crisp! Lovin it.

ca4bc714.jpg

Here is a pic with it all back together. Looks so much better than that long ass stock one.
63cf2b89.jpg

Here is a video of how it shifts. I ran it through the gears. It's not bad. And I have been slapping reverse since I have owned it so I am used to it, but honestly it's not bad.
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/bsp07xru/aa70e138.mp4

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
I have a few shifters left.

Sale ends on June 4th.

Coupe

Reaction score
I am going to bring this sale back for Labor day. Price are good through Sept 7.

Coupe Modded OEM shifter arm.

Normal price is $120 + your old shifter. Sale price is $105.

Price includes a new tip bushing and shipping. Your choice of 8 1/2" or 9 1/2" length.

This works well with an URD SS or a NST SS.

Coupe Modded TRD SS.

Normal price is $310 + your old shifter. Sale price is $295.

Price includes a new tip bushing and shipping. Your choice of 8 1/2" or 9 1/2" length.

six1nina

Reaction score
my bad. i meant the coupe modded B&M. just wondering what advantage/disadvantage it would have compared to the other selections, because I have a B&M and seemed to have missed placed my OEM shifter haha

Coupe

Reaction score
If you want to send me your B&M I can mod for you.

six1nina

Reaction score
so is the coupe modded B&M just modified to utilize the coupe modded oem shifter arm? what is the difference between the modded shifter arm with urd/nst ss kit and the coupe modded B&M

Coupe

Reaction score
The oem coupe shifter mod, cuts down the OEM shift arm and replaces the internal rubber bushings with polyurethane. This coupled with the URD or NST SS makes a very nice shifter.

The trd coupe shifter mod cuts down the TRD SS shift arm and replaces the internal rubber bushings with polyurethane.

The B&M coupe shifter mod, cuts down the stock stainless shifter and splices on a shorter oem style sifter arm. The top of the oem shifter is grafted on to the bottom of the B&M with a polyurethane epoxy. This makes the throws on the B&M shorter and the polyurethane is a little quieter than the stock B&M.

six1nina

Reaction score
how much would it be if i sent mine out to you to get modded?

Coupe

Reaction score
I do the B&M mod for $200. If you need a stocker, I can send you one to use,

OVRW8

Reaction score
can anyone give a quick description of the benefit of each shifter for sale

Coupe

Reaction score
Let's bring this back for the week end.

Coupe Modded OEM shifter arm.

Normal price is $120 + your old shifter. Sale price is $105.

Price includes a new tip bushing and shipping to lower 48 states. Your choice of 8 1/2" or 9 1/2" length.

This works well with an URD SS or a NST SS.

Sale ends Tuesday!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Awesome sale Coupe.
If there is anyone left that doesn't have a Coupe modified shifter, you need to get one!

Shortgun

Reaction score
Is there anyone on Oahu that has the 8-1/2" shifter and is willing to meet up so that i can get a feel of how hard it is to shift into reverse?

Baggins44

Reaction score
I'll take a 9.5 OEM if you have any left.

I already have a URD ss.

Top Bottom