Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coupe Slap Shifter

Coupe

Reaction score
I have been toying with this one for a while.

I have sold a few Coupe modded B&M shifters, but the cores are almost non existent. I made some drawings of a B&M and made my normal mods, plus a few new ones.

The question is " Is there enough demand to make these?"

The cost would be about the same as a B&M version which has been $550 shipped.

I am not looking for any commitments, just opinions.

CS.jpg

Tunedx

Reaction score
For that price I don't really think there will ne demand.

Coupe

Reaction score
That is what we are going to find out.

The problem is to get the price down, you might need to make a few hundred. Not just a few.

I don't think there is enough demand to make that many.

Coupe

Reaction score
It means I don't want to call it a B&M.

5000XD

Reaction score
Interesting.

500 USD sounds a bit high. You should at least try to be competitive with the trd and urd unit or be (very) special for people to jump on it.

How many manual tacos are there anyway? A lot. I bet over 100k. If you advertise this correctly you might sell a "few".

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I think there is a reason the B&M is no longer made. The demand just wasn't there at the price they were selling them.

Coupe

Reaction score
Some of the extra features I was thing of:

Your choice of 8 1/2" or 9 1/2" shift arm. This could be easily swapped out, if you change your mind.

The tip bushing would be twice as thick as stock, so you do not have the wear issue of stock.

I would make the shift arm "heavy" at the tip (shift ball side). This wil give the effect of a heavy shift ball.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be down for one, price is a bit high, and I would not want to be a test pilot at that price but would be interested...

JFrame

Reaction score
I would like one but I don't think I could ever talk myself into one as I can't see the benefit being worth $500 over my current SS.

5000XD

Reaction score
IMHO B&M sucks. I bought my 2005 Taco in 2005 and got the URD SS. I never had any idea there was a second short shifter on the market until it was no longer available. They surely did not try to sell it. You will need to advertise it, big time.

Those extra options should only work in your favor to sell more. I like options, people like options.

Coupe

Reaction score
I think a shift knob would be a good idea.

Coupe

Reaction score
I am working on getting some machine quotes......

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I love this, if I was sticking with the stock trans I would be all about it. The price is fair IMO, you get what you pay for.

roy365

Reaction score
If you slap it more than twice you're just playin with it! :laugh:

Reaction score
Is there any difference with the B&M design over the TRD? I know the TRD is a just more or less a space.

Top Bottom