Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cracked transmission update

Reaction score
well after leaving my truck at the dealer for 6 weeks the final disision from the warentee company is non coverage. I am still waiting on the final reason in writing. I have a feeling I will be waiting a long time. I am starting a law suit against the warentee company & the dealer. unfortunatly I have to enter my trans as evidence. The firm seems to feel this will end up being a class action suit against toyota but were not there yet. 1st suit is against the warentee company it's looking like theyquested paper work I was told that they wont cover it for multiple reasons.

1. iI had the work done by an asc certified mechanic however even though not requiered if I had had the normal service done at a dealer they would cover the repairs.
2. trans could have been dropped causing the cracked housing (guess he is unaware of the fact the crack is were the throw out beering rides)
3. toyota wouldnt cover it.
4. I 10 years he has never had any one bring in there trans in the back of a truck. (he wasnt happy when I let him know I would have excepted the easy fix of just replacing that part no cost of removal or installation).
5. he just doesnt care & in no way is going to shell out 5500.00 to fix my trans.

well unfortunatly after the lawyer tacks on his fees he is looking at a lot more than 5500.

I guess he doesnt know when he is ahead & just wants to keep running up the bill.

As for the trans the whole shaft that the throw out beiring rides on is failing. The alluminum is pitting & cracking.

sending in time after time there re dont pay on any claims. After 6 weeks of unfortunatly im now looking for a trans if any one has a good one laying around for a reasonable price. just need the trans I just had the clutch & flywheel refinished.

Gadget

Reaction score
The last tranny I bought I paid $2351 for it.

If the tranny is good you can just replace the bell housing for a lot less.

G

Edgeman

Reaction score
im hoping to pick up a used tranny I need this one for the law suit.

If you want a "new" rebuilt transmission, check to see if Jasper does them. They provide a decent (3 year, 100K mile) warranty.

If you want the absolute cheapest, keep looking at Ebay. You can probably find anything there...

KETCHUP

Reaction score
save ur money and buy MANCHEX's off his totalled SWB. No damage to the tranny that we know of. Truck was at 50K miles give or take.

Top Bottom