Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Craiqlist

Tunedx

Reaction score
I have ad on craiqlist. Buddy is interested in purchasing my oem rims.

His response to my listing:

Hello
Thank for the prompt response to my inquiry? Am very interested in
buying your item and i will like to buy this item now reason is that i
want to buy it for my
company and i will be offer you $280 for the item and i will send my
pick up agent for pick up when the payment made so provide me your
paypal email so that i
can make the payment.
Thank

Does this sound skeptical considering I have them listed for $130.00 and also do I have anything do worry about giving my paypal address out?

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I have a listing on craiqlist. Buddy interested in purchasing my oem rims.

His response to my listing

Hello
Thank for the prompt response to my inquiry? Am very interested in
buying your item and i will like to buy this item now reason is that i
want to buy it for my
company and i will be offer you $280 for the item and i will send my
pick up agent
for pick up when the payment made so provide me your
paypal email so that i
can make the payment.
Thank

Does this sound skeptical considering I have them listed for $130.00 and also do I have anything do worry about giving my paypal address out?

nope looks legit

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Umm, his response to you just gave me cancer....

Either the guy is retarded, really dumb, a dumbass, a scammer, or a kid:hmmmm2:

joman

Reaction score
yeah i agree kinda sounds sketchy...

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
google shows:

"I want to warn everyone of this new way of a Paypal scam. I had someone offer to buy my most expensive item for sale on Craigslist and they wanted to pay me through paypal if I shipped it to them because they're in IL. Because I've had some successful sales this way to some out of town mamas, I sent them my paypal address. I then received a bogus Paypal confirmation of a pending payment email that looked kinda official but had some variances from real Paypal emails (it didn't say, "Dear Mrs. XXXX XXXXX", it only listed my email address, it had the wrong fonts and all of the links had alternate info if you clicked on the "view link")."

http://trozzort.xanga.com/662384181/beware-paypalcraigslist-scam-alert/

'I’d like to state first that I use and rely on Paypal for many different kinds of transactions. Used between people I know (who have existing, stable accounts) and through eBay, it has been a convenient and consistently-useful tool.

However, I just sold two cameras and a Blackberry using Craigslist, and the experience was a bad one. For every solid lead, I received at least ten emails from scammers who wanted me to mail the phone / cameras overseas, often including large sums of additional payment for shipping. All of them offered to pay via Paypal.

I’ve heard of people scamming Craigslist sellers by using Paypal to initiate payment, and then canceling or disputing the payment once the item has been shipped off to West Africa somewhere."

http://echeng.com/journal/2009/08/19/paypal-is-the-vehicle-for-scams-on-craigslist/

Make a new email. Give it to him and see what happens.

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I feel the same considering all the craiqlist scams

yeah i agree kinda sounds sketchy...

Thks for the heads up

google shows:

"I want to warn everyone of this new way of a Paypal scam. I had someone offer to buy my most expensive item for sale on Craigslist and they wanted to pay me through paypal if I shipped it to them because they're in IL. Because I've had some successful sales this way to some out of town mamas, I sent them my paypal address. I then received a bogus Paypal confirmation of a pending payment email that looked kinda official but had some variances from real Paypal emails (it didn't say, "Dear Mrs. XXXX XXXXX", it only listed my email address, it had the wrong fonts and all of the links had alternate info if you clicked on the "view link")."

http://trozzort.xanga.com/662384181/beware-paypalcraigslist-scam-alert/

'I’d like to state first that I use and rely on Paypal for many different kinds of transactions. Used between people I know (who have existing, stable accounts) and through eBay, it has been a convenient and consistently-useful tool.

However, I just sold two cameras and a Blackberry using Craigslist, and the experience was a bad one. For every solid lead, I received at least ten emails from scammers who wanted me to mail the phone / cameras overseas, often including large sums of additional payment for shipping. All of them offered to pay via Paypal.

I’ve heard of people scamming Craigslist sellers by using Paypal to initiate payment, and then canceling or disputing the payment once the item has been shipped off to West Africa somewhere."

http://echeng.com/journal/2009/08/19/paypal-is-the-vehicle-for-scams-on-craigslist/

Make a new email. Give it to him and see what happens.

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Just so you know, no matter what they say, if they ever mention sending over any type of carrier to pick up the item, it is a scam.

ntinhri

Reaction score
This is a scam! Stay away from ANYONE who will give you extra money for you to give them product and the change.... Typically they use a Money order or check. It will take the bank too long to tell you its bogus and the person will be long gone. Do what you want but I promise you, its a scam!

qponde51

Reaction score
scam guaranteed i deal with online sales all day long, do not sell it to him. SCAM!!!!

rich017

Reaction score
That IS a scammer.

I buy and sell on craigslist a lot. ANY time a mover, check, or money order is mentioned then it is a scammer.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Smell like last week tuna thats been left out....do not want.
These are easy red flag.

1. Criagslist transaction is usually local. Why bother going through Paypal and you doing exchange face to face. Cash is king anyways.

2. Why would anyone pay more than the asking price? If anything, you haggle/bargain for a lower price. It don't make any sense.

x-short-r

Reaction score
It's a scam. Actually I'm trying to play the guy that's scamming me when I put up my ad to rent my room. It's fun.

jmoore120

Reaction score
Send his "Pick Up Agent"? Sounds to me like "Tell me where it is and Ill come steal it"..... :laugh:

Top Bottom