Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

creaking clutch question

06 xrunner

Reaction score
So my clutch pedal started the creaking yesterday. Did some searching and tried twisting the shaft but doesn't seem to make a ddifference still creaking away. While under there I noticed the old owner had the clutch pedal replaced in 07 so I'm assuming he possibly had the same problem at one point. If I pull up on the pedal I can actually spin the whole shaft 360°. Has anyone found another problem with it or way to fix without going to the dealership?

its definitely not the TOB as I did the upgrade on that a few months ago.

any things to try greatly appreciated
thanks guys

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take a quick video of it on your phone and post it up? I assume it's a creaking noise as you depress the pedal? I hate to say it but just because you had the TSB done doesn't mean the problem has been fixed.

Now just to be sure you're doing the "fix" properly, and this is going to sound dirty, lol, but are you grabbing the shaft and twisting until you feel it pop?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Not sure how to post a video from my phone on here lol..but yeah it's the creaking when you press in the clutch it starts about half way depressed. Same noise I've heard from the other videos I've seen here on it.

yeah as far as I know it's sitting where it should..should there be a bit of play when it's seated (be able to twist a bit by hand?
That's how it is now can twist it a bit then gets tight on either side. If I lift up a bit on the pedal I can twist the shaft all the way around

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i had a creaking clutch pedal on my 05 taco and soon after my clutch master cylinder blew oil all over the floor......

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
Mine started in my 2012 a week ago very annoying i wander if u can take it out an oil it maybe?

Top Bottom