Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crunchy Taco

xptical

Reaction score
My baby is dead.

'05 X-Runner. My first pickup. My first Taco. My love. My life.

Damn you, Georgia deer! May you rot in hell!

I wish all the deer hunters this season good luck. Exterminate these vermin from the face of our Earth. Make the country roads safe for all those X-Runners out there.

Attachments

• 2011-08-27 07.21.55.jpg
    2011-08-27 07.21.55.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 132

x20Runner05

Reaction score
sorry to hear bro, hope it not too much damage to be saved. The deer are out there i see them down here in the south too on country roads.you need some train horns to burst as you coming down the road. Glad you are in one piece. The truck can be replaced but not a lifeless you.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Ouch bro! Sorry to hear this but like stated previously as long as your ok the truck can be fixed. I live in the sticks and I probably see 8-10 deer every morning.

Murderface

Reaction score
That's so shitty bro! I hit a dear with my Xb at 50mph and it barely did any damage? I believe that was a result of having a bra on it and the momentum being drivin up and away from the impact area.
Hope u find another X!

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
A friend hit a deer on his week old motorcycle at about 55. We now call him deer slayer. The impact sliced the deer in half.

xrunish

Reaction score
did the insurance company say they will fix it or they considered it totaled? if they say totaled ill buy some of the body parts and clips if your willing to part out

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I would be suprised if they total it. I doubt thats going to cost 70-80% of the value.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Damn that sucks at least your ok. Don't worry about the truck.

And bring the deer home and cook it if you can lol.

And now I see the painted the painted "face" of the upper grill comes apart....I dunno if it's meant to come apart or not but if it is then I'll have a better chance of swapping my crap billet grill.

GL with the repair

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear about and see the pics, but glad you sound OK.
X can be replaced, you cannot.
phew.gif

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
The last time I encounter a deer that hit me. The little bastard BAMBIE ran across the hwy from behind the other car on my right and took the front corner light off and is body dented the front right fender and the 2 doors. That alone cost 3200.00 on the Buick.

xptical

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I will speak with the body shop and insurance company tomorrow. If they do total it, I'll see about parting out the body.

How would that work anyway? I assume if the company totals it, then they would keep it, right?

But, as others have said, I think it's fixable. I'll know more tomorrow.

redarkx

Reaction score
That sucks to see and hear man. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can get it fixed or get some money for it.

X-roller

Reaction score
That's able to be fixed.... it's probably like 6k in damage... I doubt any frame damage was done from a deer... did the air bags deploy? If they did then it may be totalled....

HighWay

Reaction score
Glad you are ok. Friend of mine had the deer jump and ended up in the passenger seat.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
That sucks, but atleast you're alright ! hope everything works out for you.

o5oldblue

Reaction score
The insurance company will most likely make you buy it back. When they total a vehicle and pay you they own the vehicle. They also make notes everything on it and if you take anything off or out of the vehicle they will not pay you.

xptical

Reaction score
That's able to be fixed.... it's probably like 6k in damage... I doubt any frame damage was done from a deer... did the air bags deploy? If they did then it may be totalled....

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner!

$5970 in damage.

The repair shop is fixing her now. Should be back in a few weeks...

05 X

Reaction score
If you're mounting the deer head on the wall, it would be cool if the toyota logo grill emblem made an inprint on its face.

Scarface

Reaction score
Trucks are repairable. Can't hit reset in life.

Top Bottom