Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cupholder Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coupe

Reaction score
I have had a couple of requests to make something similar to these pics that BlackCat displayed a few weeks ago.

cupholder1.jpg

cupholder2.jpg

I would make these out of 1/8" thick plexiglas. it would be frosted to to allow light to come through, but not to much. In these pics, the plexiglas is frosted.

I would make one (1) that looks like an "8" to fit the BIG cupholders. I would also have one (1) for the smaller cupholder. So, you get two (2) lens.

If I make one set of these, it is pretty expensive. If I can get a minimum of five (5) people, the cost comes down pretty good.

Price is $85 shipped.

0. Coupe

Jwall

Reaction score
and this is for just the plexiglass cut outs? just curious i was going to do this a different way but might go this route now

Coupe

Reaction score
and this is for just the plexiglass cut outs? just curious i was going to do this a different way but might go this route now

This is just for the plexiglas cut outs. If you have something else in mind, PM me.

0. Coupe
1. SlayOr

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
If we hit the 5 mark what does the price drop to?

Scarface

Reaction score
So its 85 after everyone joins in on the buy?

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
Hey coupe

What is the function of these. Is it just to put a light under ro let the glass glow, or to cover it off completely to make it flush with the top?

Slay0r

Reaction score
Just like the last pic shows, it distributes the led's light. It makes the cupholder led mod look like a semi professional job

Slay0r

Reaction score
oh well Coupe. I guess im going to have to go at this alone then. I appreciate u trying to help me and get a group buy going.

im going to try and take some measurements and see what i can do.

Coupe

Reaction score
I can take care of the measurements. I am out of town this week, but I will take a look at this next week.

Slay0r

Reaction score
Ok, great, im not sure if you have the resources, but it would b great to punch in some numbers and have a printout templet.

But yeh, ive been looking at the cupholder area alot and have some ideas on what would work (looking good and functionality)

Coupe

Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and add this to my list of widgets to sale.

This was my prototype. This one is in an opaque white. It will mute the colors a bit. If you want a brighter effect, we could do this in a frosted clear.

I am going to cut some out of both and have them available.

Cost will be $85 shopped.

bellpress111.jpg

bellpress109.jpg

bellpress112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom