Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Custom Bicycle Rack

Limitless

Reaction score
Wanted to share the bike rack I made fo rthe bed of the truck. Cost $30 to make, holds 3 bikes, weighs almost nothing, and can be used out sid ethe truck as a bike rack at a campsite and such. Designed it in CAD to make sure it fits and figure out the lengths ahead of time :smile:.

Attachments

• rack1.jpg
    rack1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 789
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 841
  • rack3.jpg
    rack3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • rack4.jpg
    rack4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 972

triumphx

Reaction score
Good idea man, did you make out of pvc? Im going to do the same thing for mine as i used to be a plumber and could make it in a few minutes. Looks good man

Limitless

Reaction score
Good idea man, did you make out of pvc? Im going to do the same thing for mine as i used to be a plumber and could make it in a few minutes. Looks good man

Yeah its all 1" pvc with some plastic fusion paint. I can post dimensions when i get to the CAD file if anyone was interested.

earnesje

Reaction score
What would you charge to make one for a fellow member?

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I have mine mounted on the Lear tonneau cover. Home made rack for my Catrike700

Limitless

Reaction score
What would you charge to make one for a fellow member?

I dont think shipping it assembled would be worthwhile since it would be fairly large. but like i said i drew it up on cad so i can give a list of exactlly what lengths to cut and how many. From there its just glue and slide together.

Only feasible way i could think of is to save others from doing the cutting and ship all the pieces labeled in a box for them to assemble, but it would still need to be painted (unless you want to keep it white) afterwards since you cant really paint before you glue.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Id be interested to see the design. What stops the rack from sliding around?

Scarface

Reaction score
Now that goes hard. Bet you can fit motorcycle s and dirt bikes as well eh?

blu xr

Reaction score
looks great....wish i had this a while back, before my girl & her friends scuffed up the paint.

yeah man, post the dims when you get a chance.

how is it held in place? be cool if you could use the tie downs....

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
You could make it a lot simpler than that if you used a cad. All you need is a half circle with 2 strap to keep the shape and bolt it to the rail. Wish you were closer, I could make something up. I'll take a picture of my rack for my Catrike and you will see what I mean.

Limitless

Reaction score
yeah man, post the dims when you get a chance.

how is it held in place? be cool if you could use the tie downs....

Sorry, got the original dimensions off cad but there were a few feild measured peices i have to get off the rack before i post it. Been busy running around but I'll post as soon as i get them. And there is no mounting necesary, it stays where its at by itself and doesnt slide in any direction. So its just a set in and go thing, handy when i need to take it out real quick or have to put in my home made motorcyle chock in place of it.

WheelSick

Reaction score
that rack is awesome !! Like the dual purpose idea. as an owner of a Trek store, I could sell those.......thumbs up !!

just516in

Reaction score
wow! what a coincidence!!! i need the dimensions!!! i just scratched my hard bed cover trying to stuff 3 bike in the back.... so i took it off and now planning on building this!

Top Bottom