Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Custom dual traction bars

WCD

Reaction score
I know a guy who works for a 4X4 suspension company, and for the past month we've been trying to come up with a nice dual traction bar setup for the XR.
Well, it's now a finished product and it has made a big difference.
Both front and rear mounts are dual shear with laser-cut bolt holes.
The bars are 1.25" chromoly tubular steel with "superflex" joints in the rear to prevent binding.
Also, the front of the bars are threaded with jam nuts so the installer can adjust for length.
My buddy forgot to bring his digicam to work today, but I'm gonna put my truck on the rack and I'll have some pictures for you all by tomorrow. :top:

Okay, here are the pics.

These are closeups of the front and rear portion of the bars.
IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

The rear mount.

IMG_7999.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

Front mount in the air. The rubber used in these bushings has a durometer reading higher than urethane bushings.

IMG_7997.jpg

Rear mount showing the articulating action of the superflex joint. And they are greaseable with zerk fittings.

IMG_7995.jpg

Last edited:

RedXr

Reaction score
sweet dude....hows that workin with the blower?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
yeah, they sound real nice... can't wait to see some pics :top:

WCD

Reaction score
sweet dude....hows that workin with the blower?

I did a nice smokey burnout yesterday. They keep the tires on the ground for sure. And my LSD still works, at least for now. :top:

RedXr

Reaction score
I did a nice smokey burnout yesterday. They keep the tires on the ground for sure. And my LSD still works, at least for now. :top:

haha..good to here..get those pics up asap:biggrin:

wshsbears

Reaction score
can't wait to see the pics. also, when testing for wheel hop, get rolling at about 5mph just enough to get into gear, then accelerate keeping the truck at the point of losing complete traction. then look at the skidmarks to see how good of job u did.. any spots where its blank, u had a wheel hop issue. thats one of the first tests i did in my work parking lot after installing the TTC bars and they were flawless.. hope these work out for ya!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
that sounds awesome, really like to see the pics and find out how much it cost you to have them made

RedXr

Reaction score
ya dude...those look sic...I am going to have to get this done by that guy. Ill get back to you when i can do this...

WCD

Reaction score
The front mount has two holes. One of the holes is picked up by the bolt for the driveshaft carrier bearing crossmember. The other hole requires that the frame be drilled, then a second bolt slides through. It's a 1/2" hole.

IMG_8003.jpg

WCD

Reaction score
one more pic

Here is a side view pic of the bars in the truck and on the ground.

IMG_8009.jpg

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
those look like they will handle the load of a blower. very nice clean set-up!:top::biggrin:
approx cost??
:dontknow:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
So where can i score these...I like that they are adjustable....

07SWB

Reaction score
can you do us all a favor and measure from the lowest point to the ground?

Also include which lowering kit (if any) you have installed.

i NEED these, where can we get a set?

BSNA-Dark-Angel

I'm a girl!!!
Reaction score
hey ur the truck.... i mean ur friend is Justin... I got the other set he made:biggrin:

i didnt put it in yet... i painted em purple

Top Bottom